I got you Eret

A/N: same universe and OC as last one. this one's a bit of Mei comforting a sad Eret tho
TW: betrayal, death, war, past self harm, past abusive relationships

Third person POV
Mei was going to make the most of their time here. After yelling at Tubbo, she wanted to have a little chat with the king. She changed into her best clothes before going to meet Eret.

Eret didn't know what to think of Mei. She seemed to know everything about them all but she also didn't seem like they had bad intentions. Eret missed Wilbur. He missed when Wil would hold them and promise everything would be okay. He missed the way Wilbur held him when he cried in the bathroom with blood coming from cuts on his wrists. She missed the way Wilbur helped everyone. They missed the way Wilbur would hug him and make everything better. And it's your fault he died you're so useless, nobody would care if- his thoughts were cut off by the opening of a door. Mei walked in holding a phone, candy, a notepad and pencils, and a notebook. "Thought you might need these." They said, sitting on the bed next to Eret. "Seeing as I doubt my go-to cheer up stuff might not help I brought snacks, Wilbur Soot comfort audio, some stuff to doodle with, and some stuff to write with." the teen said, handing Eret the phone and some earbuds.

Mei was never someone who could look at someone who was hurting and not help. She loved everyone and always made sure everyone was alright. That was why when they finally got a chance to see Eret she grabbed all of their comfort stuff. She sat and doodled with Eret while listening to some Eret comfort audio. Their drawings depended on her mood. If she was sad, she drew some fanart, when she was happy, she drew pride flags, when she was angry, she drew the beach. Nobody understands why they draw their emotions that way. Some people thought that it was because that was what she attached to those moods, when in reality, she just drew what they knew would help her feel better and that was the truth of it. The current drawing she was working on was strange to many people she knew, it was an obsidian box with lava near the only exit and a person wearing a green mask and a hoodie. They drew this one often, but the details were always different. Sometimes the one in the green hoodie was being comforted by someone with a blue shirt and goggles, sometimes she drew a boy with blonde hair and a red and white shirt yelling at the man in the green hoodie, and once the mans mask was off, but his face wasn't visible, you could see that he was crying and curled up in a corner, completely alone. But no matter how different the drawing was every time, the man in the green hoodie was always there as if trapped. She looked up from her completed drawing and saw that Eret was writing something "What are you writing?" They asked, wanting to know was was going on in the kings head. He handed her the book and almost immediately started crying. It was about a person who was used and had lost everything but was given a home by one boy around his age wearing a yellow sweater. Later he ended up betraying the boy and his other friends and now, seven years later, the boy was dead and he blamed himself for betraying his friends because he had once again lost his home.

Eret watched Meis face as she read the book, but couldn't read her emotions. Suddenly, they were being hugged tightly by someone shorter then him. The other handed him some oreos and grabbed a laptop out of her bag, putting on a random movie for the two of them and eating snacks while talking about healthy coping mechanisms with Eret. Eret had no idea how to feel about all of this comfort. That hadn't happened since Wilbur was around. He missed Wilbur a lot, thinking about what he could have done every day. Mei looked over at him and put a hand on their shoulder. "I know you miss him." She whispered, opening her drawing book. "This is a drawing of my best friend, she died right in front of me two years ago. Every day I wonder what I could have done to save her." She looked down at her artbook, starting into the eyes of a deceased friend. It was something Eret understood well, they had spent countless hours staring at the photo of the five of them, before the first war, before- his thoughts were once again cut off by Mei speaking "Hey I actually have to go to therapy right now I'll be back later!" She said, giving the king one final hug before walking out of the door.

A/N: SUBSCRIBE TO ERET