[7] Real Life

Delaney walked into the kitchen of her beautiful mansion to see her two best friends in the kitchen with Tom. "Hey Seb and Anth. What're you guys doing here?" She walked to Tom and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"We came over because we're going to be bringing Beau out to drive before his permit test."

"Is that legal? He's only fifteen." She questioned giving Tom a look.

"We're just going to the studio lot, Kevin said we could use it just to get him in the right state of mind to take his permit test." He replied and Delaney shrugged.

"We'll go get Beau from the game room. I wanna whoop his ass in Pac-Man." Anthony and Sebastian walked away. Tom walked behind Delaney and felt her muscles were tensed. He started rubbing her shoulders trying to relieve whatever was keeping her stressed.

"Talk to me love, what's going on?"

"I'm not comfortable with Anthony and Sebastian being there to teach Beau to drive. Especially before his test. The best way for him to learn is for study."

"Yeah but he's already done that, it wouldn't hurt to get him behind the wheel just to have the mindset when taking the test."

"But what if he gets hurt? He's never been behind the wheel in a car before. What if this just messes with him?"

Tom followed her into the living room, noticing something else was really at the root of the problem. "What's really going on? You and I taught Avangeline in the parking lot of Marvel. You know you can talk to me right?"

Delaney let out a sigh, she set her coffee mug down before taking Tom's hand. "I got my period today."

"Oh do you need me to get you anything?"

"No no I'm fine I was just," her voice trailed off and Tom realized what was wrong.

"I'm sorry Lane. How about I make you a nice dinner later tonight and we can just relax? I know how much you wanted to be late but we've still got time to make another one happen. I promise you."

Delaney gave him a sad smile and he wrapped her up in a tight hug. "I love you Delaney."

"I love you T. Thank you for understanding and being so sweet. I know it's weird to try for another baby when we have two teenagers but we're still pretty young and I think we've got one more baby in both of us."

"I want one too Delaney I totally understand. Why don't you go lay down, I'll text Lizzie and have her come sit with you for a bit while I'm out with Beau. And don't worry Sebastian and Anthony will not be telling him what to do."

She gave him a smile and he left before Avangeline came into the room. "You're seriously trying for another baby?"

"Yeah what's the problem with that?"

"There's not but don't you think it'd be odd since I'm now 18 and Beau is 15? It's a pretty big age difference."

"I know it is Aves but you won't understand this until you get pregnant and watch your kids grow up. I just want to feel that feeling one more time. Plus, I'm too young to be an empty nester." Avangeline laughed at her mom and hugged her.