Ruscan (Russia x Canada) Days off and little siblings

Request two: Russia x Canada

For @i-am_not_okay 

Published 4/10/2021

-----

(I consider Canada to be the older brother of America, not the other way around.)

-----

     Being nations, it was often hard for people to meet outside of world meetings, especially when they lived on separate continents. With an endless workload and immortality mixed together, time spent together in person was often fleeting. And if work didn't manage to interrupt this little time, someone else almost always managed to do so...

     (America and Belarus were possibly the most intrusive little siblings in the world. Both terrifying and annoying to Canada and Russia.)

     But that wasn't going to happen today, Canada was sure of it! He got the day off and so did Russia, so the two of them were finally going to have some good alone time together as boyfriends. It was hard enough for them to try to spend time together and even more difficult to date, so they were going to make the most of this day.

     Canada opened the front door and led his boyfriend inside his house, the front door creaking a bit as it opened and closed. "We're finally home- would you like me to put away your coat for you?" he asked.

     "Yes, that would be good," Russia smiled. Canada took their coats and talked as he hung them up in the closet.

     "So, any ideas for what we should do today? We have all day, and there's plenty of things we can do or places we can go. Maybe we could walk around town and go out to eat-" Canada's words cut off as he felt Russia's arms wrap around his waist in a hug from behind.

     "Stay inside with me Kanada, I've missed you for too long," Russia said, holding Canada tighter.

     "I missed you too, mon nounours," Canada smiled. (Being hugged by Russia always felt like being held by a very friendly polar bear. Russia was big and soft and from a cold climate too.) Canada closed the closet door, turning to face Russia. He gently cupped Russia's cheek with his hand and gazed into his beautiful eyes. "Russie, may I...?"

     "Da," Russia closed his eyes as Canada pressed a soft kiss to his lips. God, they missed this. It was so gentle and loving, it warmed them both from the snow outside. Canada gently rubbed Russia's cheek with his thumb, still cradling his face in his hands, before giving Russia a little kiss on the nose.

     "How about we move out of the entryway and go to my bedroom? I'm sure we'll both be more comfortable there," Canada offered.

     "You always have the best ideas, moi sladkiy," Russia agreed.

-----

     The two of them cuddled together on Canada's bed, enjoying the company of each other. Canada was telling a story while Russia gently fingered through his hair (it was wavy in a gentle way, its color was the same as fresh wheat, making the Russian wonder if his boyfriend knew how beautiful and perfect he was in the littlest was), when they heard a loud creak.

     Russia frowned. "Your front door is really loud."

     "I've been meaning to fix it for a while, sorry-" Canada tried to apologize when suddenly-

     "CANADA. BRO. MY DUDE. YOUR AWESOME LITTLE BROTHER IS HERE FOR A SURPRISE VISIT!"

     If Canada wasn't raised to be so polite, he would have let out a very long string of curses in multiple languages.

     "Why is he here? How did he get in?" Russia hissed.

     "He made me make a spare key once, I guess he didn't know you were here-"

     "CANADA? DUDE? I KNOW YOU'RE HOME, YOU ALWAYS TURN OFF ALL THE LIGHTS WHEN YOU LEAVE," shouted America.

     Canada whispered to Russia, "Alright, since you can't behave yourself around my brother-"

     "His face is too punchable, it's not my fault."

     "-I'm going to distract him while you sneak out. I'll get him out as fast as possible, and we can go back to our day together. Got it?"

     "I think I should bash America's head in instead-"

     "CANADA I HEAR YOUR VOICE, I'M GOING TO START LOOKING FOR YOU NOW STARTING IN YOUR BEDROOM," America announced.

     "Get in the closet, now!" Canada pushed Russia towards the door. Russia frowned but did as he was told. The one thing worse than upsetting America was upsetting Canada. And even though Canada didn't like his brother that much either, he always seemed disappointed when Russia fought with America. Plus, America would probably murder him if he was found in Canada's bedroom. (Did they forget to mention that they haven't told America they were dating yet?)

     "Canada! Dude!" America flung open the door a second after Russia hid. He grabbed his older brother in a rib-breaking hug.

     "Hi America," Canada wheezed out- perhaps his ribs were really being broken. "Why are you here?"

     "Can't a guy just visit his big bro?" America asked. "I've also been wondering if we could play catch together again, even though you suck at it."

     "Alright, but only for a little bit if you let me go, you're squeezing my lungs," Canada conceded.

     America backed off "Oops! I forgot how strong I am, haha. C'mon now, let's go," he said, dragging his brother out the door.

     Russia peeked out of the closet to see Canada mouthing to him 'go'.

     ...The things the two of them put up with... even if it was for the sake of peace...

     Little siblings were the worst.

-----

Translations:

     Kanada - Canada (Russian)

     Russie - Russia (French)

     Moi sladkiy- my sweetness, sweetie (Russian)

     Mon nounours- my teddy bear (French)

     Da- yes (Russian)

-----

Author's note.

     I hope I didn't project too much (even though this is based on a personal experience, oops). While writing this, my little sibling had actually interrupted me several times, and it pissed me off so much... So that's why this isn't as good as it could have been.

     ...will these always include people cuddling...?

     I'm still experimenting with my art style, but I hope this chapter's art is acceptable.

     Thank you for reading, and please leave any requests on the first chapter.