Chapter 18: Max's decision

Narrator: 

Last time we saw our heroes, Akuma meets Bonnie and Squishy, who had discovered the fact that Akuma was the clone brother of Ash, and it interested Bonnie and knowing this discovery, she asked him to do a Pokemon Battle to see how strong he is.

Serena, Steven, May, Sawyer, and Max get to see the two trainers battled with Akuma showing off his Mega-Evolution Charizard in mid-battle. 

The group was astonished of it, as Akuma fainted from the intense battle, which Bonnie intends to take of him and tease Serena of the memory of one of their traveling adventures to the group. 

Akuma woke up, finding Bonnie was taking care of him, which caught him off guarded. He asked why, and Bonnie and Squishy told him his orgin and he sees the memory of his brother's reckless save of his partner. 

Bonnie advises him that he is his own person and can make his own choices instead of letting others telling him what to do. 

Akuma smiled at his new friend's words, as he had decided to not demolished his new friends and go save Ash. 

At the same time, Max decided to go off on his own agenda to save his friend as Clement and Bock head with Alain to Professor Sycamore's research lab, to discover more about Mega Evolution. 

What will Max do, and would everyone find him before they do anything reckless?

Find out as the Journey continues!

Serena

We followed Bonnie and Akuma. Bonnie really trusts him, but to me, I'm not entirely convinced if he can be trusted, or he might be an enemy to us. 

Still, why Bonnie cared for him that much? Get a grip, Serena. Ash needs you, as you need him. As we continue on our way, May looked at me. 

"Serena, are you feeling ok? It's not like you to be jealous of Bonnie and Akuma." She said. I sigh, "That's the thing, May. 

We don't know who Akuma is. He suddenly came out of nowhere, and all of a sudden, battled our friend in a match without giving a second thought. 

It's like..." 

"Like Ash would do? C'mon, Ash is really so stubborn and dense, you've known it for a while now." May chuckled at the statement.

I still worried about another friend. Max. Why would he do it, to go off on his own without saying anything?

"I don't like it either, Serena. As his big sister, I am kind of disappointed in him. I know that he cares for Ash's well-being, but charging into battle isn't like him at all. 

My only hope that we can get to him before Lysandre does anything mean to him ." 

Max

Thanks to Ralts' teleportation, we stumbled into a large building. I am sure that Ash is held captive inside. 

"Max, this is dangerous. We should've waited for Serena and the others to arrive." Ralts said, being worried about my decision. 

"Ralts, don't try to stop me. Every minute we spend, the more critical that Ash is. I'm done waiting for the action to come. I say, let's take the fight to Lysandre directly. " I said, as the psychic Pokemon sighs. 

"If you really sure about this, I guess.. I wouldn't stop you. Max, we made a promise together that we'll be together once you'll become a trainer. Let's go."