five

hey i like comments a lot . . . could you acutally tell me what you think? it feels like nobody's actually reading. 

LUKE WAS NERVOUSLY TAPPING HIS FOOT on the bottom of the car. Ben was driving with a big grin on his face. He claimed that he knew where Ashton went every night – a pub down on the corner of Firth and Ollings. He said he needed to go down there to pick up his friend, but he could take a little longer if he wanted to.

They pulled up at a pub that was more of a club. The neon light flashing above the door read ‘Lickity Split’ but down the bottom in much tinier writing, it read ‘GAY BAR.’ Luke was mortified. Sure, he was bi, but gay bars made him nervous. Everybody in there was always in there to hook up. It was like ‘there are definitely gays in here, so not all of them will reject you like a straight person would.’

He couldn’t handle a lot of guys looking at him like that. He couldn’t handle a lot of guys touching or flirting with him. He always felt so submissive in a group of men, because they were always stronger than he was. With girls, he was always the dominant one, and they were easy to fend off.

“Ben . . .”

“I know, Luke, I know. I promise that he’s in here.”

Walking in, he now knew how most girls felt when they knew that those guys were looking at them in the wrong way. He felt so uncomfortable and was basically shaking, ‘cause if a guy came over, he couldn’t do a very good job of trying to defend himself.

“B-Ben.” He said, feeling a guy slap his ass. “Please, can we go? I don’t care anymore.” He grabbed onto his brother’s arm so he wouldn’t lose him as he made his way through the crowd of guys.

A lump formed in his throat when he saw him. He was sitting in the corner, ignoring younger guys trying to flirt with him and drinking. He looked quite sober, but all of the empty bottles that were on the table proved that he wasn’t. He’d probably just had a lot of practice with getting drunk. He looked kind of bored, really, but his eyes lit up when he saw Luke.

“Luke,” he tried to smile so that he looked genuinely happy (and he was, it was just his face didn’t agree). “Hey.”

“Stay here, Luke.” The other blonde guy that looked a lot like Luke but just had a bigger jaw said. “I’ll be back as fast as I can.”

“Why are you here?” Ashton said, not picking the blonde boy to be one for gay bars.

“I didn’t know my brother was talking about a gay bar and I was bored.” He shrugged trying to play it cool, but he knew his face was a hundred degrees hotter than it was before.

“Would’ve it effected your decision if it wasn’t a gay bar?” he asked curiously, noticing that the boy was shaking and looked like he was going to have a panic attack.

“I . . . I’ve just had bad experiences with gay bars. I hate them, because you know for sure that there all gay and looking for someone to fuck, otherwise – I mean – what’s the point then? And most of these guys are h0rny and needy and it’s really disgusting.”

“So, you’re afraid of these guys?” he asked, seeing through Luke’s act.

“Uh, sort of.” He said, blushing even more because he knew that he shouldn’t be afraid of his own gender. “More like what they can do.”

***

“No offence,”

Luke braced himself for the words following; it was obviously offensive if they used the phrase. Those two words ‘no offence’ angered him. Others basically thought that they could say whatever they want, because they told them that there was no offence intended. Of course he was going to get offended.