ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3: 𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

PΣƬΣ'Ƨ P.ӨV:

After I get the bat, I walk out of the store with the bat in a tiny dog carrier. I stop to look around. I see that same black cat from earlier. It stares at me for a moment before bolting off towards a place that I can't make out at the moment. I then look down at the dog carrier in my arms. I slightly smile before taking off towards my trailer.

I walk inside my trailer, trying to hide the tiny carrier I'm holding. But, my dad spots me.

"Pete? What's that?" He huffs at me. I groan. "It's just an animal I bought. You won't have to worry about it, I'll take care of it." I say to him, flipping my hair. He is about to say something, but he stops and says something else. "Okay, just don't make take care of it." I nod. "Alright."

I then make it to my room and put the carrier with the little bat on my bed. I sit on the floor and rest my head on the bed in front of the carrier. I see the flying fox look at me and blink. I then open up the carrier and the bat hops out onto the bed. It looks around and sniffs the area. He then looks at me and starts crawling closer to my face.

I look at him and he looks me. He suddenly licks my nose, I get a bit startled and fall back.

"Oh god!" I giggle. The bat cocks it's head to the side. "Oh, that startled me little buddy!" I exclaim, getting back up. The bat squeaks and flys up. It circles around my room for a bit before latching onto something on the ceiling and hanging upside down from it. I get up and look around. Well, I'm guessing I have no food to give this little guy.

"Well, I'm going to go run to the store and grab some stuff for you. Cant have you starving." I say to the bat, leaving my room. The bat just looked at me.

I trudge out of my room and out to the door. I see my dad already passed out on the couch, snoring away. I growl and roll my eyes. "Typical." I then finally make it outside of my crappy trailer and onto the sidewalk where I start walking to the grocery store.

. . .

After I get back from the grocery store (I don't really wanna write Pete going on a shopping spree), I get back inside of my trailer and go to my room.

I see that the bat is still on the ceiling. Its sleeping up there. Not wanting to disturb it, I quietly put down the groceries on the bed and take them out. I bought a bunch of berries and nuts, such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, almonds, walnuts, pecans, and peanuts. I take out some bowls out of my drawers and set them in the bed, putting the berries and nuts in them.

Due to the noise, the bat wakes up and flys down to me. "Hi buddy." I say to him. He squeaks in response. I finish putting all the food in the bowls and the bat walks up to the strawberry bowl and picks one up.

"Okay, so I'm guessing that you like strawberries." I say as the bat sinks it's teeth in a big, juicy strawberry. I smile lightly and pet the bat on its tiny head. The bat suddenly stops eating and shrinks back, as if it was frightened. I frowned. Did I do something? The bat stares at me and gets up. He slowly raises his head and rubs it against my hand. I scratch behind his long ear as he squeaks with delight.

        A bit later, after a few bowls of berries and nuts, I text in the goth group chat.

Pete: hey guys. I got a new pet