ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 8: 𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

₱Ɇ₮Ɇ'₴ ₱.Ø.V:

"Hey, Pete?" I could hear Michael ask me. I looked over to him. Right now, we were sitting down in his room. I was holding Dusk and he was holding a brown bat he had found outside. We had to take his bat to the vet so we could patch up it's broken wing.

"Yeah?" I responded nonchalantly and flipped my hair. He looked down at the bat he was clutching. "I need to talk to you..." He trailed off. Nervousness immediately struck me. About what? I thought. "About what?" I repeated my thoughts. "Well, I want to know what's up with you. You've been so distant lately and I want to just catch up." He responded, patting the brown bat's head. "Okay..."

        He looked back at me. "Well, for starters, why do you keep wandering off when you're with us?" The taller male asked. I grit my teeth. "Well..." I started. "...I was just... doing stuff. I've been pretty busy lately." I finished, playing with Dusk's ears. I find it to be stress relieving and Dusk seems to like it. "Yeah, with what?" He asked.

        "With... personal stuff." I responded. He muttered something but I couldn't hear it. "Henrietta told me about that conversation you had. Why are you suddenly so interested in the vamps?" He suddenly spoke. I stiffened. It took me a while to respond, "Because a chunk of the group went missing. You know that, it's well known at this point." Michael nodded. "Alright."

        It took him a while to ask another question. "Well, why? You hate them as much as we do. You wouldn't care if they went missing." He said. I looked down at Dusk for a while. "Well?" I looked back up at Michael. "I'm not sure." "What?" "Im not sure why I'm so invested in this. It's just... something inside of me."

"What kind of thing inside of you?" He asks. My face starts to turn red in anger (and something else). Why is he so nosy about all this? But... he is right. Why am I so worried? Why am I so worried about the stupid vampires disappearance? I think to myself. "Uh, Pete?" I could hear Michael say. I snap back to reality. "Uh... I think you should name your bat Bugsy." I reply quickly. Michael frowns at me. "You're avoiding the question." I sigh. "Uh... I'm not... I'm not sure..." I trail off. "I think I might know." Michael responds in a low voice. My eyes dart up to his face. "Yeah?" I hesitantly say.

"I think you like Vampqueer."

My heart almost stops.

"WHAT?! Where did that come from?!" I spat out, my heartbeat quickening by the second. Michael just blinked. "Henrietta told me that whenever she would mention Makowski, your face would blush. That's the conclusion we came up with." He said. I glanced around the room nervously. I stuttered a few times before answering. "Th-that's not true! I hate him! I fucking hate him!" I spat out again. I could feel Dusk wriggling in my grasp.

"Give it up Pete. Your face is red. Your stuttering. Your denying it. You definitely like him." The taller goth stated, smirking a bit. I huffed and looked away from him. Do I like Mike? I wondered. It would explain why I was so worried about him and trying to find out what happened to him and his loser friends.

Dusk then flew out of my hands and landed on the bed, resting his head on the soft, black blankets. "Okay, maybe I do like him." I say, turning back to Michael. He raises his eyebrows. "A li-" I interrupt him before he could finish. "I'm going to go home!" I almost shouted, snatching up Dusk and putting my shoes on. "Bye." I could hear Michael say as I hurried out of the door and downstairs. I said a quick goodbye to Michael's parents and walked out of the door. I sighed as I closed the door and sat down on the hard, cold concrete.