ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4: 𝕾𝖚𝖓𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊

м𝒾k𝓔'ş Ƥ.𝔬.v:

I'm sitting down on the windowsill looking at the sunrise. The orange light shines down over on me. I cover my face with my large wings and peek out. The sun slowly starts rising over the horizon. I look in awe at the pretty orange color.

Suddenly, I feel someone picking me up. I squeak in panic, but I realize it's only Pete.

"Calm down Dusk. It's only me." He says to me gently. I look up at him with my little black eyes. The red goth carries me all the way to his closet and he lets me go. "Alright, I'm going to go and hang out a Henrietta's for a bit. Wanna come?" He says to me. I fly up to his face level and squeak in response. "Okay then. Let's go."

Pete grabs a torn up scarf from his closet and puts it on. I fly over to him and land in his scarf. He then puts his shoes on and passes his drunken dad on the couch and heads outside. Outside, the sky was still orange, but the sun was rising higher and higher and the sky was fading to blue.

We walk for a while and then we get to Henrietta's house. Pete knocks at the door and Henrietta's mom opens the door. "Hi sweetie! Henrietta! Your little friend is here to see you!" She greets Pete and yells out to Henrietta. I could hear Henrietta groan loudly as she comes downstairs.

"Come on Pete." The goth girl motions to the red goth. He nods and follows her upstairs.

"Have fun guys!" Henrietta's mom calls back to us. Henrietta groans again. "Shut up mom." She growls as she and Pete go into her room and close the door. "Okay, why are you here?" Henrietta asks, turning around to face Pete. Pete sighs.

        "I want to discuss the vamp kids." He says. I froze. Oh god. What does he mean? Does he want to trash on us? Did he notice that me and the others went missing? I think rapidly. "Well, want do you want to discuss?" Henrietta asks, putting her hands on her hips. "Have you noticed that Mike and some of the others have gone missing?" He asks.

        My heart starts beating faster. "Uh yeah." The goth girl replies, checking her nails. Pete sits down. I jump a little. "Well, I just think it's weird. They never miss a day of school. Especially Vampqueer." He continues. I roll my eyes at that nickname. "Maybe they're on a trip." Henrietta replies, sitting down on her bed.

        "Maybe... but why do the other vampires look so upset? Usually when Mike goes on a trip, he tells the other vamps and they seem okay with it." Pete explained. Henrietta rolls her eyes. "Wow, since when do you pay attention to Vampqueer?" She asks slyly. Pete flips his hair and his cheeks turn a light shade of pink. I try to ignore it as he continues.

        "I'm serious Henri. I feel like there's something going on..." He trails off. I squeak and fly out of Pete's scarf. I fly up and hang upside down off of the ceiling. "I see you brought your bat with you." Henrietta comments.

        Pete looks slightly confused. "How do you know about Dusk?" He asks. "Michael texted me." "Oh."

        After a while of them talking and me listening in, Pete decides to go home.

        "Come on Dusk." He says to me, holding out his finger. I get off the ceiling and hook my claws onto his finger and hang upside down. "Bye Henri." Pete says, waving to his friend. Henrietta waves back. We get out of the house (but not before being stopped by Henrietta's mom) and we go back to Pete's trailer.