ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5: 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

【Mike's P.O.V:】

        I was awaken from my slumber by a scratching sound. I groaned in annoyance and looked at the window, where the scratching noise was coming from. I was surprised by who it was. Larry? I quickly got up and flew over to the window. Larry tried squeaking something, but I couldn't hear him.

        I could see him sigh and then fly through the tiny crack in the window. He suddenly tackled me as we fell into the bed. "Mike! Your okay!" He said, relieved. I chuckled and got up. "Yeah I'm fine." I said as he got up too.

        "I was worried that you were hurt or something." Larry said, nuzzling noses with me. "Thanks for worrying, but I'm fine."

        "Seems like you can easily get in and out too. Why don't you-" The little brown bat started before I cut him off. "I can't..." I looked away. Larry's expression changed. "So it's true that you want to stay with Pete." He said sadly, looking down. "What? Where-where did you hear that?" I squeaked, flapping my giant wings. Larry looked back up at me. "I met the others at the pet store and they said that you wanted to stay with Pete." He said. I shook my furry little head. "Wrong. I do want to get out of here, but I don't want to break Pete's heart by just leaving. He seems to really care about me." I say back. Larry slowly nods.

        "Well okay. I'm going to go report back to the others and try to break them out. See ya later!" Larry said, starting to fly out of the window. He was pretty small and could easily just fly through the crack in the window. I was a pretty big bat so I had more trouble trying to get out. I waved my large wing at him and he flew away into the sky. It was getting late and I wondered where Pete was.

        I flew around the room for a bit until I heard the front door open. I smiled widely and flew all the way towards the door. As I saw Pete open and come in through the door, I flew down to him and nestled into his hair. "Hey Dusk. Did you miss me? You never rush to the door." He greets me, petting my head. I squeak in response. He continues walking past the living room and into his room. I fly out of his hair and settle onto the bed. He sits down next to me and takes his shoes off.

I yawn. I just took a nap, but I'm already tired. Plus it's late. Pete scoops me up and puts me on his pillow and goes into another room to get ready for bed and change. I could tell he was tired. And I was too.

         Soon, he came back and lay down on his bed, covering himself with his covers and closing his eyes. "Night Dusk." He mumbled. I looked at him for a bit before looking down. There was this.... feeling deep my chest. I didn't know what it was. I looked back at Pete again. He was sleeping peacefully, his chest moving up and down slowly. I don't know why, but I quietly crawled over and curled up on his chest. I could feel my furry face start to heat up as I buried my head into his shirt. What am I doing?

           I could hear Pete stir a bit and start petting my back. It was calming. He soon just lay his hand gently over me as he fell asleep again. My chest was fluttering. What was happening? I can't be crushing on this goth..... right? There's no way that's possible. We're supposed to be enemies. We hate each other! Everything was so confusing. I just decided to ignore it and fall asleep.

Was I really falling for him?

℘ɛɬɛ'ʂ ℘.ơ.۷:

        I felt birds chirping around me. I squinted my eyes open, only to have the glaring sunlight burn my eyes through the window. I sat up and heard a squeak. I quickly looked down and saw Dusk on the bed, flapping his wings trying to get up. He must've climbed on my chest while I was asleep. I thought as I quickly scooped him up. "Oh man! Sorry Dusk! I didn't know you were there." I apologized to him. He shook his head, looking dazed.