Chapter Fifteen

Amber's P.O.V.

Another year had gone by, and we were still there.

I'd given up hope.

That's when the plane flew over. Louis and I waved our arms and yelled, but the plane never stopped. It flew right over our heads.

Louis cursed, full of rage. All I could do was stare up at the sky, holding back my tears. He turned around and stomped into the woods. I sat down and put my head in my hands. I let the tears pour out of my eyes.

All of my hope was gone.

None left.

At all.

Everything I was holding onto slipped like water through my hands.

I kept crying until I couldn't cry any more tears.

I felt Louis' strong arms pull me into a hug. I breathed into his shoulder and he held me tighter. "I give up," I said.

I looked up at him. He looked broken, physically and emotionally, and I let the few remaining tears fall from my eyes.

Louis stood up and groaned. "My back hurts so much," he said. "Go lay down on the blanket," I told him. He looked confused, but did what I told him to. He layed down on his stomach and I got on my knees beside him. I put my hands on his back and gently massaged his shoulders. Louis sighed and I felt his body relax. "Does that feel okay?" I asked. "Great," he said. I made my way to his lower back and he sat up. "Thanks," he smiled. "No problem."

The sun had gone down, and the two of us sat on the blanket. Louis sat in front of me. We were talking, but the conversation had died. I looked into his blue eyes and bit my lower lip. Without thinking, I leaned over and pressed my lips to his. He started to lean into me when I realized what I'd just done. I pulled away, my face burning.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what I was doing I-" I started. He cut me off. "Amber, it's okay." I was still blushing.

That was when we called it a night and went to sleep.