Chapter two

"I'm sorry about your family." Rick speaks up. "It's fine. I just thought I would be first." I reply. "I'm glad you decided to come back to our camp. We have the things we need to survive." He says pulling up to a prison. It has these spikes with red doors and as they open it pushes the walkers onto the spikes. I see many people. A food station. They are set up very well. "My son Carl may take some time getting used to the idea of another new person." Rick says as we get out. I put my foot on the ground and for once feel safe. I see a boy run to Rick and hug him. He then looks to check for everyone else. He smiles as he sees everyone is here. That smile fades when he sees me. I see him point to me and start talking to his dad. They argue for a little so I walk over to Glenn. "Am I allowed out in the field?" I ask him. "Yeah just stay in the fences." He says checking the area. I walk out to the field and just lay down. I close my eyes and think about the events of the day. "What's your story?" I hear a voice from above. My eyes shoot open and I sit up. "Who are you?" I ask uneasy. "Carl." He answers sticking his hand out. I grab it hesitantly. "I'm Ashlyn." I answer. "How did you end up here?" Carl asks. "Um. When this started it was me, my parents, and my sisters. They died a few months ago. Ever since they died I've been in my own. Surviving alone. I was in a couple groups but they both thought I was weak and left me to die. Your dad found me. I had just taken out 6 walkers. He asked me a few questions and brought me back here. He said you might take some time to get used to me." I say looking at him. He has the most beautiful eyes. "I'm already used to you." He says smiling. "I think you and I will get along just fine. I'm in cell block C cell 5 if you ever want to talk." He says walking away. I go find Rick. "Where do I sleep?" I ask. "You can sleep in cell block C cell 7." He says "We'll bring you some extra clothes later." He says. "Thank you." I say walking away. I walk into the cell block and see Carl. "Hey you." He says noticing me. "Hey." I say walking into my cell. He follows me in. I don't notice him until I turn around. "OH MY-" I start but Carl cuts me off with his laughter. I can't help but laugh too. "I'm sorry about your family." Carl says. "I lost my mom." He says walking towards the door. "I'm sorry." I say. "Don't be." And with that he walks out.