Chapter twelve

We've been walking forever. We are all tired and hungry. We just keep following the tracks. "It's getting dark." i say looking at Rick. "Yeah. We'll be fine." he says walking forward. Then a man comes out of the woods and grabs Rick and Michonne. I run around a truck and see Daryl. I go to call his name but before i have the chance I feel someone put their hand over my mouth and put a knife to my throat. The man drags me back around the truck and we are now standing next to a man who is doing the same thing to Carl. I look at him with fear. He gives me the exact same look. The man holding Carl puts his knife closer to Carl's throat. Daryl comes around and tries to help us but the leader of the group doesn't seem to like that. He tells the remaining people to punish Daryl. They start kicking and hitting Daryl. They look like they are going to kill him. I try to wiggle free but the man's grip on me tightens. I wimper and Carl looks at me with his wide blue eyes. I look away and close mine accepting that we are going to die. I look at Rick and he looks at me with sharp eyes. The man leans over Rick and he slams his head back hitting the man in the face. He stumbles back and Rick gets a hold of him. Without thinking Rick bites the man's neck and lets him drop to the ground. I turn my head away in horror. The man holding me steps back and begins to throw up. The man that was holding Michonne backed away from Rick with his hands up. Michonne grabs her sword and cuts the man's head off without hesitation. The man holding Carl throws him to the ground and begins to run. I stop the man with the tip of my knife. I send it through the back of his head and throw him to the ground. The men enclosed around Daryl are now stepping away to see what is happening. I look over and see Daryl standing behind them with his crossbow ready. He takes them all down easily. When i look back i see Carl and Michonne in the back of the truck. I decide to get in the back with them. When i look at Carl i see a giant scratch on his check, it must be from when that man pushed him down. "Does it hurt?" i ask rubbing around the scratch. "Not too bad." he answers looking down. Rick climbs in the front of the truck and turns to face us. "We'll just sleep here tonight and pick up again in the morning." he says nodding his head a little. "Michonne you take the passenger seat, i'll take the driver's seat, Ashlyn and Carl on of you take the seats in the back and the other sleep on the floor back there." rick says turning around and leaning his seat back. Michonne climbs up front and does the same thing. I climb on the floor and stretch out as Carl does the same on the seats. I reach up and grab his hand, squeezing it tightly. "Never let me go." I whisper as I fall asleep.