Chapter 5 - The Chaotic Kiss

Jane's first day with a whole crew was not going very well. Her very presence screamed Gentle birth which gained her several enthusiastic grins from the men. The only woman among them was somewhat repulsed by everyone in the ship which made Jane stay away.

But that didn't stop Anamaria from sending threatening looks or glares at Jane. Even when Jane was talking to Gibbs or trying to fetch herself some water she saw Anamaria snap a cuss at her. After a while Jane completely ignored her.   

Will was rather busy running here and there keeping himself busy with the ship much like everyone else. Mr Gibbs and Jack were rather secretive when it came to communication. The very first drop of rain that fell on Stanley made him sprint back into the Captain's quarters.

Jane was very tempted to go back as well but she didn't want to continue to feel helpless. Within minutes the ship was caught under a storm but it didn't seem like a problem to anyone but her. 

Just then a short pirate yelled at her, "Don't just stand there lady. Help me tie it to the post."

Jane went forward to carry the heavy rope and somewhat try her best to tie it on the post. 

Suddenly another pirate with greying beard, "Not like that you fools! Are you trying to kill us all?" 

Jane's heart thumped at the approaching pirate. Her hair wet from the rain stuck to her body as she shivered. 

Jack suddenly appeared out of nowhere, "And just who ye two giving orders to?" 

Both the pirates panic was visible on their face. 

Jack glared at them grabbing the rope out of Jane's hands and tossing it to Marty, "Ye thinking of taking me spot? Is that what is it?" 

Moises, "Nay Captain!"  

Jack growls, "Get moving ye scallywags." 

Both men quickly started tying the ropes the post while Jack grabs Jane by the waist.

Jane, "I'm sorry. I really didn't know I was doing it wrong." She apologised thinking the captain was angry. 

Jack led her to the helm, "Try to stay close to Mr Gibbs or meself darling. Don't want you lost in the storm." 

Jane stood in front of the helm holding it tight. Jack stood right behind her with on hand to the helm and the other holding the compass. 

Jack, "Right on course. Good. You're doing it right darling."

Jane yelped when the thunder roared, "Captain Sparrow! I don't really know what I'm doing." 

Jack,  "Look ahead. What do your eyes see?"