Chapter 6 - The Forced Separation

Jane had no idea what was happening. She thought all was going to be alright now that Jack was back. But now it seemed like they had lost the fight. They had lost due to a certain medallion being gained by the enemy. 

Jane felt sick to her stomach. She felt that it was unfair for her to be captured due to unknown reasons. 

She turned to Gibbs who was tied to the mast beside her, "Mr Gibbs! Why did we lose?" 

Gibbs, "Look around you lassie! We're captured!"

Jane could feel the annoyance settling inside her, "But we have Captain Sparrow." 

Gibbs, "And tat's why we have to hope he be the only one killed instead of the whole lot of us." 

Jane pinched him, "How can you say that?" 

Gibbs winced, "Easy lassie. And keep your head down!" 

Even before she could ask why, the Interceptor ship that she had been traveling on so far blasted to pieces. 

Jane started crying, "Oh my god. Our ship! Mr Gibbs! Our ship." 

Gibbs could only watch in sadness. 

Jane then gasped, "No! No Stanley! STANLEY! HE'S ON THE SHIP! HE WAS IN MY CABIN! Someone please save him! Please!" 

Gibbs, "Stop it lassie! Cat's gone. He's no more. You have to be quiet." 

Jane cried bitterly and  watched in horror as Barbossa's men violently grope Elizabeth who screamed trying to fight back. 

Jane, "Leave her be! Stop it! You're hurting her!" 

Gibbs elbowed her hard, "Stop it lassie or it'll be you next!" 

Will who had climbed up on the Pearl, "Barbossa! She goes free!" 

Jane looked at him who pointed his gun at Barbossa. She looked at the old pirate as he openly declared that they can't die.

Jane turned in confusion to Gibbs with tears pouring down her cheeks, "Can't die? What does he mean? And why isn't Will shooting?" 

Gibbs, "Lassie, please. You really need to be quiet. They haven't noticed you yet." 

Jane found herself growing quiet at that.

She listened carefully of how Will apparently was the son of someone called Bootstrap Bill and Will committing suicide would apparently be a bad ending for Barbossa and his crew. 

Barbossa, "Name your terms Mr Turner."