Chapter 11

*BETHANYS POV*

I felt someone pick my hand up. I instantly knew it was Matt. I was awake. My eyes were closed, the gas wouldn't let me open them.

He began to talk, his soft words were like music to my ear. My heart dropped, feelings overtaking my body.
I opened my eyes but he was fast asleep. I let out a tear.

My stomach was killing me. I couldn't breathe. The kicking got worse, my bump getting bruised. I was at 8 months now I couldn't let out. My stomach got tighter, my whole body sore. I moaned and began to gasp continuously. I looked at my alarm clock it was 10:00 the nurses would've still been there. I got up and removed the gas mask. I was still gasping, taking a few breathes of air.

I tried to press the button for help but I accidentally smacked my stomach against a table. I screamed and began to cry the pain was getting to much. At that moment the doctors and nurses came in as Matt woke up.

"What what's happening? Beth are you ok? Bethany?" He anxiously said as they took him out.

"Sir we're gonna ask you to step outside" the doctor said as he held him back.

"What? That's my girlfriend in there I have to see her" he shouted as they took him out.

"What's happened here?" the doctor said.

"It hurts...everything hurts. My stomach, my legs." I cried

"Alright calm down Mrs. Brookes you're gunna be okay."

I felt a trickle of what I thought was water coming down. Was I having my baby now? I looked down and saw a huge flush of blood staining my clothes.

"What's that?" I said "why is that here?"

The nurse scanned my belly to reveal my baby. They couldn't see him clearly but from what they saw my baby had a condition.

"There is a 80% chance that your baby will turn out disabled" the doctor said as I burst out into tears.

I put my hands over my mouth and began crying and sniffing.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Brookes.......but you're gonna have to get an abortion" the Dr. Said.

"Abortion?" I said "because he's disabled?" I said raising my voice.

"No not because he's disabled but because he's not gunna be able to breathe when he's first born. He's not gunna be able to talk either. And if he can't breathe At first then he's gunna have to be put on medication and there's a highly likely chance that that's not gunna work." He began.

I was crying through the whole thing I didn't know what to say. "Oh" was the only thing that came out.

"You have an option Mrs. Brookes. You can either keep the baby but he's probably gunna die sooner than later. Or you can get and abortion today and get rid of it." The doctor said.

"Can I please speak to my boyfriend?" I asked.

"Of course" he said and called Matt back in.

"Heyy what's wrong are you ok?" Matt said rushing back to me.

"It's the baby" I said as his eyes widened.

"What's wrong is he ok?" He anxiously asked even though he knew it wasn't.

"No Matty" I said crying and unable to speak.

"He's not, he's gunna turn out disabled. If I keep him he might die and if I get an abortion....I'll never live with myself." I whispered.

"I think it's best if you just get an abortion, I mean it will only cause you more pain and you'll have to put up with so much work." He blankly said.

My mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe what he just said.

"Are you serious?" I shouted. "How dare you? My heart just got ripped out because I found out that my baby isn't gunna turn out like any other child. He needs me and the only thing you could say was get an abortion? Gosh, you are DISGUSTING" I shouted at him. "Get out, just get out I can't even look at you."

"Beth I-" he spoke

"Out, NOW" I yelled

He picked his things up and got out. I had to have an abortion anyway, but the way HE put it. I got put under gas and they slowly pulled him out. They were right, he couldn't breathe. They wouldn't even let me see him. They took him and put him in a room where all bodies were put. I began crying.

I didn't have a ride back home. I collected my things and called Jack.
It was ringing.

Jack: hello?

Me: hey

Jack: hey what's up Beth? What are you doing up so late?

Me: well I was at the hospital but I got and abortion, I sniffed.

Jack: OMG! Okay I'm coming over.

He ended the call and l waited outside for him. I sat on a bench and he pulled over to where I was sitting. He unbuckled his seatbelt and rushed out to see me.

"Heyy, come here" he said as I began to cry. I ran over to him and hugged him tight. On the way to his house, I explained what happened about the whole situation. His reactions were caring and surprised unlike Matt's.

I asked if I can stay over and they said of course. I got dressed in my pjs and hopped into my bed, Jack following after me. He put his hand around me and we both fell asleep, not saying a word.

***************************************

Hey guyss. What's up. I hoped you like this chapter, it was pretty intense. Let me know if you want another story with your name in it. Love y'all, Saja

Xoxo