Prologue- A voice

Link

I heard a voice.

A familiar yet unfamiliar voice.
I heard it reach out to me.
And it did that in such a soothing whisper, which called out a little louder and louder each time it spoke.
But where was it coming from? I did not know.
And I would do anything I could to find out. But I felt literally powerless. So all I could do was listen. Listen to the faint, soothing voice that echoed through my ears in search of a response I could not yet give.

But yet, I couldn't hear the words the voice was saying. I felt numb, stiff even.
And I knew nothing...and could see nothing. Nothing but darkness. A perpetual darkness. That was all I knew in this moment.

"..Link..........."

There it was again. The voice. But now I could hear what it was saying.

"...Link....."

'Link'? Who was that? That was my one main question, along with a million other thoughts that crashed into my mind continuously, like harsh waves.

"....Link........"

And then I suddenly felt realisation hit me in the face. I was....asleep...? But I could hear, couldn't I? So I was... simply waking up? And this voice was calling out to me? But I felt so weird.

My mind played the voice over and over in my head again and again. It sounded like...a girl..? But the mystery of who it was behind the voice still remained.

And then I felt my mind shout at me of the 'more important things' once again...

Who am I?

along with a crash of other questions...

...

What was I doing here? what was I doing? And how did I get here?

And then my mind felt at ease again. The soothing voice had returned to call out to me.
Along with this cruel, never ending darkness, all I knew was this peaceful whisper. But....I still couldn't help but think...who was behind the whisper talking to me?

Deep down I hoped that they would help me

Deep down I hoped that they would help me.... because I couldn't feel anything. And I didn't know anything either. It scared me. This was the first emotion that I could feel today. Fear.