Chapter 2-Sunlight

A/N:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♡●○•°Thank you my friend joshi_maceo again! Go check out his story 'Fallen Feels'. It's a modern Zelda story & has an interesting story line!°•○●♡
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link

...

"Link...

You are the light--

Our light--

that must shine apon hyrule again.

Now go..."

...

'W-wai-- that...that doesn't make any sense--'

My mind was not at ease. This...girl...and what she said repeated in my mind, again and again. It was all so hard to process. I didn't know what she was talking about. I could feel an overwhelming feeling build up in my throat, along with my heart.

'Hyrule....is that...the name of this place...?'

Many, many thoughts crashed into my mind shortly after. These thoughts were continuous and did not stop. The sudden outcome was that I was left bewildered and confused- but again...It was all so hard to process.

I continued to cover my eyes as much as I could from the blinding light until it slowly faded away, leaving me now blinded by a different light...

"I-IS....that...sunlight...??" I whispered while feeling a strong feeling of hope take over and grow inside of me.

My eyes were soon filled by the light of the great, bright sun. I...was thankfully, correct.

Frozen in awe, I could then feel the strong, fragrant breeze flow through my hair...and I knew it was all real now. My hope wasn't pointless anymore.

But all I could think about was getting out of here.
It was like I was in a trance. A trance to follow this beautiful daylight. A trance that could control me whole. A trance that caused me to follow my feet for one thing in particular.

And that one thing was...

Freedom.

And an escape from all this. Including an escape from my feeling of fear that seemed to grow noticeably larger each time I focused on it. So all I did was ignore it. That was all I could do.

Given all this, my mind went blank of what the girl had said, and so I ran.
I followed my feet and ran all the way out in the direction of the light, faster and faster...until I was given a small dead-end and was face to face with a rock wall.

But that's not what caught my attention. I felt a shallow liquid swaying below me.

Water?