Chapter 1- Nothing but fear

Link

...

I was awake.

Awake after what felt like an awfully long slumber. But...how long really was it?

My eyes were fully opened after adjusting to the darkness. And I decided to lay there for a few seconds, taking it all in.. And also waiting for the call of the sweet voice, that I had heard call me again and again while I had slept... I hoped deep inside that I didn't imagine such a soothing, angelic voice. Because it was the only thing I knew.

The few seconds of waiting and figuiring this out...felt like an eternity, but patience was key if she had went through all that to help wake me up.

It all felt so weird but in...a surprisingly great way. To finally be free of this darkness that I had felt was all so overwhelming...but I was glad to now be awake.
I knew deep down that this slumber was different. So different because I knew nothing but fear...And I really did know nothing.
So, other than the voice....I knew nothing at all.

My mind was simply blank. Blank of everything, and how I got here. I tried my best to control the emotions locked within me, and I knew it would be hard.

It felt almost like an instinct... An instinct that I chose to ignore the feeling of fear, hoping it would disappear compared to my large feeling of curiosity. Maybe I was like that in the past? The past that I did not remember.
It was hard to tell...since I didn't know myself at all. I didn't know how my body would react after knowing nothing...so I did what I knew best from these only moments of knowing myself..... I ignored the fear that repeatedly shivered down my half-bare body.

My curiosity rose more and more to know...just how long I really was in this strange liquid that I could feel ripple around me...because it felt like such a long time.

Not only that, but I was curious to see who had called me....the girl that helped me wake up.

the girl that helped me wake up

She called out to me. Like a spark of light in the pitch of darkness.
She was my light. In my darkness.

And she was all I knew apart from this feeling of fear and uncertainty. There was just something so familiar yet so unfamiliar about her voice. I felt more and more captivated with every word she spoke.

It sounded foolish of me because of how easy I was to jump to these conclusions in such a short amount of time...but I didn't care much in this moment. This was all so overwhelming.