Prologue

Mia was in second grade when her parents got divorced and her life was never going to be the same. She wanted her family just to be happy like any other second grader would and the world is completely different when you are younger. Sometimes people "grow out" of your life when you are older could be a fairy tale phase but it's always in you but people dig deeper and deeper holes each goes by. Until you can't see it anymore, you just look and some void-less hole. Some people say they never went through this phase, they were mature through and through but your imagination gets clouded by money and greed.  Mia was just like every other kid, until she wasn't and she was odd one out of the bunch. Her friends made her seem included, but sometimes she just was too different and incapable of doing the normal.

Her parents were fighting like every other Monday morning on who takes us to school. She always put her headphones because like every other morning, she got a headache from the screams of her mom. Sometimes she just had to go lay down and hope she could wake up from this never ending nightmare, because her actually nightmares were never actually that bad. But, she could never tell whether they were really or not. Going to sleep was hard so she always made up other worlds that would be better than her current one. All of her "nightmares" were just let downs because she thought her wish was coming true.

After about 10 minutes we had to leave because if we left any later we would have been late. Mia could tell that her mom was going to do something she was going to regret today while she was at school. But she just didn't think of it anymore. 

A day passes and more screaming goes back and forth, that's when she realized that she wasn't happy. No one in her family was happy.  She was the sunshine of her family so she had to still always be happy, no days off, not even holidays. The sun still shines in the clouds. She learns how to paint her precious smile everyone loves on her faces. But with completely different emotions behind it. She found the true meaning of fake it until you make it.