Chapter 2 Part 1

Mia met Celia in first grade, knowing full and well that they would be besties forever and ever. Back in first grade they were just mindless beings with a dream of going to bed 10 minutes later than normal.
Their little naive selves thought it would be great to share and conquer the world together, one class at a time. But Mia never could completely outsmart Celia in book smarts, but everything else she was always a little bit better. Except athletics, which in first grade was surprisingly a big deal. Being popular was never Mia's intention but befriending Celia wasn't hard since she volunteered to be her friend and she was friends with the popular girls. They took Mia in like to help a stray cat which she didn't mind because she kind of was and they didn't treat her like garbage like she expected. Mia always said that she couldn't run as fast because of her height but it was just how not athletic she was. She was sad when Celia made her short jokes about her but never took it too personal because she said them so often. She had been friends with the popular girls forever. Until Celia decided to move away from popularity and into the nerds, now it's third grade. She met Alex and Evelyn. Evelyn was even smarter than Celia which took Mia by surprise because she didn't know that was possible. Celia always tried to make herself a little bit better than her at anything and was always a little too obvious. Mia could also tell that Celia was a try hard at anything she was bad at. Her failed attempts to be as badass as Alex was and her fatal attempts to outwit Evelyn always failed. She kept trying and trying and for some reason they just put up with it. Celia could never except the fact that someone else can be better than her.

NOT PART OF STORY

To clear any confusion this starts from first grade and transitions from second to third and sorry for the short chapter but I'm making this chapter in parts because it's longer