Prologue

Staring up at the ceiling, I quickly realized that my mother was right.

About everything.

*3 weeks earlier*

"Do you even listen to anything I say?" My mother shouted so loud that our dog, Alex, whimpered and retreated to a corner of the room, not used to this level of noise.

"Not when your brainwashing me!" I shouted back, no longer afraid of hurting my mother's feelings.

"Brainwashing?" My mother shouted, even louder than the last time. "Have you forgotten that when your father abandoned me, he abandoned you too?"

Her face softened, but only an inch. "I was just trying to protect you!" She yelled with much less conviction, as if she was trying to convince herself she was telling the truth, not me.

But I held my ground. "Well I'm sick and tired of your so called 'protection'...", I said, making air quotes, "...if it means I can't date the man I love!"

My body language showed nothing but pure determination. My arms were crossed, my head held high, but my mom was still unconvinced.

She scoffed. "Love? You really think this is love?" When I didn't budge, she scoffed again. "You know what? Fine." She raised her arms in defeat and I smirked. "But when your heart gets broken, I hope you realize that I was just trying to keep you from making the same mistake I did."

*Flashback Ends*

I swore under my breath.

I should hate myself right now, but instead I hate my mother.

I know it's stupid, but with everything I've been through, hating myself would only make me feel worse. I don't need that right now. So instead, I hate my mother.

But no matter how much I hate her, there will always be one thing that will link me to her.

The fact that we both didn't listen to our mothers.

And then had our lives ruined by boys in ripped skinny jeans.

AN:

Ok so this is my very first fanfiction and I've been writing and editing this for almost a week now. I really hope this is good. The picture to the left/on top of this chapter (depends on if your reading from the app or the website) is what I imagine Kaden to look like.

Thanks for reading, and look out for the next chapter.

Sincerely,
AllBlackLuke