Chapter XI

Chapter 11: Big deal

''My sister!?''

Jin's voice was a bit too loud, considering it shouldn't be such a big deal if you ask the others. Jin realized his voice had come off a bit too loudly, and he cleared his throat before looking at Namjoon again.

''Y/n? Since when? And when the two of you even started talking?'' he threw question after question and didn't give Namjoon a second to answer. ''She is my sister, for God's sake!''

''Technically not, since you both have different parents,'' Jungkook mumbled, and Jin looked at him.

''You think DNA has a part in this? I don't care if we are by blood or not!''

''Jin,'' Namjoon opened his mouth. ''Why is it such a big a deal for you?''

Jin stayed silent for a second before answering, and others thought he might be thinking of a perfect answer since he usually had it immediately without hesitation. 

''I just don't want her to get hurt,'' he said.

''And you think Namjoon will hurt her?'' Yoongi chuckled, joining the conversation. ''He does break things sometimes, but he doesn't break hearts. If anything, he is the best option for all of us.''

Yoongi was right, and Jin knew it. Others couldn't help but think if that was the reason. They have seen Jin look at you the way a brother wouldn't look. But they haven't said anything because it would only bring trouble. 

Jin felt defeated by his friends real quick and sighed. ''So, are you two like a thing now?''

''God no!'' Namjoon said quickly as lighting but soon realized it was a bit too quick, and the way he said it didn't sound good to ear at all. ''I- I mean no. I purely talked with her, and we are going as friends.''

Jin nodded before he looked at the time. ''Well, I need to go. My class is a bit far, so I guess I will see you guys around,'' he walked back inside and off from the other's sight. 

They gathered a bit closer and looked around to see if he was gone and wasn't here to hear anything.

''You think he got mad?'' Namjoon asked. 

''Wasn't it obvious?'' Yoongi said. ''But he has Seolhyun, and I don't get why he would get so pissed considering his dear friend is taking his ''sister'' to a prom?''

Others agreed. ''Even so, prom for some people is a big deal, and it is considered a highlight of life, and it is not some friendship trip to go through. All dates are practically couples. And we have that big party afterward,'' Jimin said.

''Yeah so?'' Jungkook asked. 

''Prom isn't just dancing and chatting, you know?'' Jimin asked as he raised his eyebrow. 

Jungkook mouthed 'oh' and eyed Taehyung, who already had his eyes on him. 

''But how does this relate to anything?'' Jungkook continued. 

''Seriously? Jungkook, we thought you weren't the innocent one. Jin might be afraid that something will happen between Y/n and Namjoon when, in reality, there won't be such a thing, right, Namjoon?'' Hoseok laughed.