Chapter XIV

Chapter 14: So it begins

The weekend I first lowkey waited excitedly, but now I wasn't, had arrived. All this time, I thought I could look for the dress with Jin's mother, which had vanished into thin air. I wasn't thrilled to go shopping with her, but now we had to bring Seolhyun. Because of that, it was even worse.

Last night, I was panic texting Jungkook about my upcoming day, and he wasn't supportive. He was laughing at my panic and not helping me. He reminded me how I needed the dress, and there wasn't a way to get out of it. I'd have to go at some point.

I even suggested he come with us or at least make an excuse that he needed me to find a suit for him and he could help me to find the dress. That way, Jin's mother could go alone with Seolhyun, and I didn't have to bear the thought of being with them all day. But as expected, Jungkook wasn't up for that idea. He already had a suit and everything ready.

Playfully, I was mad at him for abandoning me at this time. I needed friend support, and he should be there for me. He wished me good luck and told me he would have his phone near him if I needed to make a panic call. Which I most likely will.

''Y/n!'' I heard Jin's mom yelling and her heel steps coming upstairs. ''Are you soon ready? We promised to pick up Seolhyun in ten minutes,'' now she was standing at my door while I was putting the last touch of makeup on.

''Yes, I'm ready in two minutes,'' I smiled at her through the mirror. She smiled back, and I heard her on the stairs. I stopped smiling as she left.

''Will you behave?'' I heard another voice, which startled me, but it was Jin.

''What do you mean?'' I asked as if I didn't know what he meant. He was worried that I might cause a scene at the mall. The thought tempted me, but even I wouldn't cause something like that in front of many people.

''You know what I mean, swipe that smirk from your face,'' he leaned against the door frame. ''I know you don't like her, but my mom is excited to take you, so I hope you'll respect that.''

Even I wasn't ready, and will never be, to explain to his mom why I hate Seolhyun. I didn't even know the reason myself. She seemed so excited about it. I will let my anger slide away and try to make her day. It will also save me from getting a lecture from my father once we come home.

''Okay, okay,'' I said to Jin. ''I don't want Dad to yell at me for doing so. However, it doesn't mean I don't like her.''

''What is your problem with her? Honestly, tell me,'' Jin insisted and walked to me, leaning onto my desk. ''She has done nothing wrong to you. She always tries to be nice and has never said anything bad about you.''

Jin wasn't wrong. She hasn't been mean to me. She hasn't said anything bad to me or overall even looked at me in a wrong way. There is just something about her that I can't explain.

''Nothing,'' I replied. Jin shook his head and left my room. He didn't believe me, and it seemed like he was tired of asking me why.

''You know, she has been trying to please and be as nice to you. She wants to get to know you and get along with you. So the least you can do is return the favor,'' Jin said before he left my room to his room, shutting its' door.

What is wrong with me? Why can't I accept his girlfriends? And yes, I'm talking in plural because this isn't the first time I don't like the girls he brings home. In my defense, the previous ones have been mean towards me and not good girlfriend material for him.

Do I perhaps like Jin? More than as a brother?

Hold up, what the heck am I saying? Firstly, he lives in the same house and is my brother. Not by blood in any way because we have different parents, but we have been ''siblings'' for a few years now, and I couldn't imagine us as a couple.

My thoughts are bizarre right now. But I feel like it could be the only reason why I don't like her.

Oh my god, Y/n, why do you think about this now when you're supposed to go shopping? I put myself in a bad position now as I can't think of anything else.

''Y/n!'' I heard Jin's mother yelling at me again. It has been more than two minutes since I last replied to her. Luckily, I was ready to go and stood up to walk downstairs, where she was already waiting for me.

''There you are. We need to go,'' she said, and I put my shoes on and headed out of the house to the car.

We picked up Seolhyun. She happened to live near us, which was a fun coincidence after we heard that she and Jin were dating. Of course, his mother was thrilled about this because, then she could see her often. Maybe I understand this hype when I'm a mother and get a son who starts dating. Wow, that sounds like such a distant thought.

''Have you girls been thinking what kind of dress you want?'' Jin's mother asked us when we were on our way to the mall. We both were quiet for a while, and I glanced at Seolhyun.

She didn't seem to say anything at first, so I did. ''Not really. I want it to be white, though,'' I said and thought about what Jin said. ''And I feel like baby pink would fit Seolhyun, would it?'' I asked and looked in her direction in the backseat.

It took her a second to realize I was helping her before replying. ''Ah yeah. I had thought about a pink dress, but I'm not sure what kind yet.'' she glanced at me again before returning to watch outside from the car.

''Well, I'm sure we will find something for the two of you! I remember my dance!'' she started saying, and it went through a whole car ride. She was still talking about it once we had reached the mall's parking area and were in the elevator. She was so enthusiastic about it that neither of us dared to say anything to stop her.

I didn't mind. Most times, I would mind, but this meant I didn't have to find topics to discuss with Seolhyun because Jin's mother did everything. I have heard this story, maybe not so detailed, but I know something. I don't even remember the reason or occasion for her to tell it.

Seolhyun seemed to be interested in her story. Is it because she could be her mother-in-law someday? So she needed to show interest to be good. Though I'm sure she was genuinely interested and wasn't showing off.

We got to the mall floor from the parking floor. It seemed still pretty quiet here because it was still pretty early. I don't mind being with crowded people, but I assume the dress shop is full of people from our school. Hopefully not!

The escalator took us to the third floor. We entered the shop filled with different kinds of dresses. I wasn't that excited about this. I love dresses, but I wasn't girly enough to be all over the floor while trying on every single dress. I bet I will sweat in the fitting rooms and struggle.

I was crunching my nose while looking around. Jin's mother and Seolhyun were far ahead of me, admiring every dress they saw. I was scared they might take ten dresses to their hand and drag me to the fitting rooms. So far, I haven't seen anything nice for myself. I hope I will find it so we don't have to visit many stores.

It will be a long day.