2

"It's been a week since the tragic death of nineteen year old: Jeong Yusoi. People at Saebom High School are planning to have a ceremony for the loss of their fellow classmate."

-

"Hey, Seojun, if don't hurry up, we're going to be late."

I shuffle my feet lazily into the kitchen seeing a rushed Gowoon. She stops when she sees that I am still in my pajama's. She opens her mouth to speak, but I cut her off with a groan.

"I'm not going." I say, making my way over to the fridge.

"What?" She asks surprised.

I grab a water bottle and turn back to face her.

"I don't feel like going." I say sternly before capping the bottle after taking a sip, getting ready to walk away.

"I was going to get flowers. For the ceremony. Do you know what kind she liked?"

I stop.

"No." I simply say.

"Hey, Seojun, are you really not going to go? She was your girlfriend and friend."

I don't answer her, I just continue walking to my room.

-

A bell above the flower shop's door dings as Gowoon enters, me following. The store's owner smiles at us and I give a small smile back. Gowoon makes her way over to rows of bouquets.

"What do you think of these ones?" She asks, pointing at a bouquet with red and pink roses.

I shake my head.

"It doesn't seem like something she would like." I say with an uninterested tone.

Gowoon frowns.

"What about these?" She asks.

I groan.

"No. None of these are good enough."

"Will you stop acting so miserable? These are for Yusoi, stop complaining." She snaps.

She glares at me before walking to another side of the store. I stand there and sigh.

I especially wasn't good enough.

-

Gowoon and I walk up to the school's entrance, seeing standing pictures of Yusoi on both ends and a banner that reads: "Rest Well Jeong Yusoi." Gowoon shoves one of the bouquet's she got into my chest. I let out a huff and look at her, taking the flowers.

"I heard the ceremony will be after our first class in the auditorium. I signed you up to speak, so be ready."

My eyes widen.

"What? Gowoon, I don't want to do that." I seethe.

"Jugyeong was signing up with Suho, so I figured I would sign us up too. I was her friend too, Seojun. Why don't you want to talk?"

I roll my eyes and poke the inside of my cheek.

"Forget it." I say, frustrated. I walk a little forward before stopping to look back at Gowoon. "And take my name off of that list." I say.

-

"Excuse me students, please quiet down." The principal says.

The mumbling from the students begins to fade out. I feel my hands clench as I focus on the stage.

"As you know, we lost someone new to our school due to a tragic action. She made friends quickly here and was an excellent student who would have fit right in. Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Jeong Yusoi."