3

I was woken up by a loud bang coming from the kitchen. I groan and shove my pillow over my head.

"Sorry." I hear Gowoon say from the kitchen.

I take the pillow off of my head and turn to look at my clock. It was almost eight. I sigh and look back up at the ceiling. Soft knocks come from the outside of my door.

"Seojun?" I hear my mom say quietly.

"What." I say flatly.

I hear the door creak open and gently close shut.

"Are you not going again?"

"No." I reply.

I hear her sigh. I feel the weight on my mattress shift as she takes a seat.

"It's been months, you're going to fall behind again."

"I don't care." I answer.

I hear her let out another sigh.

"Please go with Gowoon today. She has an audition at school and I want her to feel supported. She'll do great if she knows you're going with her."

"She can do great without my help."

"Will you at least consider it?"

I don't answer back. I feel her get up and she walks over so she's in my view. I look at her, seeing her smile softly at me before leaning down to kiss my forehead. She rubs her thumb over where she kissed. She walks over to my door and opens it.

"If you are going to see her again today, tell her I said hi."

-

"Woah, Seojun, are you going to school?" Gowoon asks as she puts on her shoes.

I walk into the kitchen, grabbing a water and shoving it in my bag.

"Yeah." I say, walking over to her and then walking out.

I hear the door close behind me and quick footsteps catching up to me.

"I haven't seen you wear this in so long. It looks like it got dusty." She jokes.

I crack a small smile.

"What made you change your mind?"

"Mom said you had an audition."

She laughs.

I look at her quickly and then back in front of me.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I don't have an audition today." She says smugly as we continue to the bus stop.

-

My feet stop moving instantly once I stand in front of the school. I noticed people looking at me and whispering out of the corner of my eye. I let out a shaky breath as I gulp.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Gowoon asks. I feel her put a hand on my shoulder. My eyes stay glued to the entrance. I don't make a sound. "I know you haven't been here since the ceremony, so if you're not ready, I'll get your work for you."

I let out a sigh. My eyes sting slightly, but I blink, getting rid of any tears that wanted to form. I shake her hand off of my shoulder.

"Seojun." I turn my head and see Suho standing behind me. He makes his way over to Gowoon and I. He walks up next to me and I turn my attention back to the entrance. "Are you going to school today?" He asks.

I roll my eyes, frustrated.

"No." I say before turning around and walking away.

-