4

I couldn't sleep. No matter how hard I tried, my eyes just didn't want to close. Every time I did, I would only see Yusoi and her heartbroken expression. I cringe and groan to myself as I lay on my back in my dark room. I grab my phone off of my nightstand, squinting my eyes from the bright screen. It's late. I open my contacts and click on Yusoi's. I feel my heart tighten as I see the picture I have for her, where she is wearing a face mask. I set the phone on my chest and scream to myself. Why didn't I throw away the cast? That cast. If I didn't take it out of the trash, this fight would have never happened. I grab my phone and turn it back on, calling Yusoi. It rings, but goes to voicemail. I try again. And again. I try multiple times before giving up and texting her. I sit up, throwing my phone to the side as I run my hands through my hair. I look over and see the cast still laying on the ground. I get up and pick it up, gripping it strongly. I throw it at the wall and let out a frustrated yell. I walk over to it, picking it back up, and smash it against the wall continuously. I feel my eyes start to sting and once the cast wasn't breaking, I throw it off to the side. I notice that I made a hole in the wall.

"Fuck." I say quietly.

I try and catch my breath. I grab the cast once more, looking at it with nothing but disgust. Tiger energy-boost! Roar! I roll my eyes and toss it into my trash can. I make my way back over to the hole and run my fingers lightly over it. I sigh. I jump a little when my phone starts to ring. I look over at my phone and walk away from my wall. My hand reaches for my phone as I look to see who's calling me, Jugyeong. I hesitate, answering it.

"What." I say.

"Seojun, have you seen Yusoi?" She asks, a hint of worry in her voice.

I clench my jaw. My eyes shift back to the cast, but I quickly look away.

"No." I lie.

"She went to sign up for academies, but she hasn't come home. It's late, Seojun!"

I furrow my brows as I move the phone from my ear to look at the time. It was almost midnight. I put the phone back to my ear.

"She hasn't texted you at all?" I ask, beginning to worry myself.

"No! I've called and I've texted. No answer. I would ask Suho, but he doesn't have her number." I stand there, feeling a pit form in my stomach. "Have you talked to her?"

I feel every muscle in my body freeze. Yes.

"No. Not too recently. I talked to her before she was going to the academies." I lie again.

I hear Jugyeong sigh.

"I asked my mom to call her and I asked my brother and sister to call her too, they got no answer."

I bite my lip as my eyes look around my room.

"Maybe she went to see Haeun. Do you know where she lives?"

"No." I hear her say, her voice now becoming sad.

"I'll be at your house in a while." I say, hanging up the phone.

-

"Han Seojun." I hear Jugyeong say as she closes the gate behind her.

She crosses her arms, probably feeling cold. I park my bike and hand her a helmet.

"Where are we going?" She asks, not moving.

I groan, becoming impatient.

"The hospital. Maybe she went there."

Her eyes grow wide as she snatches the helmet away from me, putting it on. She gets on the back of my bike, holding onto me.

"I thought you were going to stop riding this."