Chapter 1

(Izuku POV)

"Happy birthday my little Hero." my mummy gently woke me up.

I sat up in my bed rubbing my eyes, mummy wore an All Might party hat on her head and blew on one of the small paper horns that unraveled and made a silly noise when you blew in them, I giggled excitedly at her as she placed a hat on my head.

"Ok birthday boy, what would you like for breakfast? Pancakes?" I nod my head and mummy hands me my clothes for today.

I carefully pull on all my clothes and hop down each stair until I get to the bottom and run into the kitchen. She hands me my All Might plate with four pancakes on it and lets me skoosh the syrup and squirty cream on, all by myself. After I ate all my breakfast mummy handed me two presents wrapped in All Might paper. I tear the paper off the first one to see a new All Might onesie and I jump up and down. Excited, I ripped the paper of the other present to find the new All Might figure I asked for. I made him woosh through the air shouting I am here.

"Izuku dear remember we are meeting Kacchan and Aunty Mitsuki at the park soon. Why don't you put your things in your room." Mummy said smiling as she gave me a big warm hug.

"KACCHAN, Kacchan, Kacchan yeyy." I shouted, running up the stairs and putting my new onesie on my bed.

I slid down the stairs laughing as I bumped down noisily. Mummy laughed at me. I held my new All Might figure close to my chest and held mummy's hand as we walked to the park not too far from our house. Mummy and I played eye spy the whole way. It was so much fun. When we got there I saw Aunty Mitsuki standing at one of the picnic tables. It had a lot of balloons on it. I looked around for Kacchan but couldn't see him. Tears began to fall from my eyes as I searched for him.

"Izukuuuuuuuu!" Kacchan shouted behind me.

I spun around half crying half laughing as he ran up to me hugging me. He frowned at my tears and wiped them away.

"Why are you crying? It's your birthday and you are not allowed to be sad today. It is my job as your bestest friend to make sure you smile all day today, so, there. Happy Birthday, Izu." He said, giving me another hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Awww my little Izukinns. I can't believe you are a big four today come give Aunty Mitsuki a big hug." She held her arms out and I ran into them giggling as she tickled me.

I saw the table, it was full of all my favorite foods and sweets. In the middle was a big All Might cake with a number four on it and my name. Mummy told us to go play in the park while they set up. Kacchan held my hand as we went up to the top of the twisty slide. Kacchan always makes me feel brave. He sits down at the entrance to the shute and I look at the dark hole and my tummy knots.

"It's ok Izu, come here we will go down together." Kacchan smiles at me as he scoots back and I sit in between his legs.

He wraps his arms around me and pushes off. We zoom down, we giggle the whole way down, and tumble out the bottom laughing. We run-up to the top again and zoom down like before. We do this over and over until my mummy calls us to the table. We sit down giggling holding hands. Mummy and Aunty Mitsuki smile at us as she hands me my present.

"I picked it just for you Izu." Kacchan smiles at me.

I tear the paper excitedly revealing an All Might rucksack. I grab Kacchan and kiss his cheek before running over to Aunty Mitsuki and giving her a big hug and kiss saying thank you. I place my new figure in the bag and put the bag on my back before sitting back next to Kacchan. Mummy hands out paper All Might plates and we all pile food on it eating in the sun. Mummy, Kacchan, and Aunty Mitsuki sing happy birthday to me before we cut the cake. Kacchan and I got the biggest pieces. Mummy takes a few pictures of us before we go play in the park again.

We head to the big climbing frame I run in the tunnel hiding until Kacchan funds me and we both squeal and laugh more. We watch my mum begin to pack away the food before she shouts telling me we need to leave soon for the doctors. And I get sad.

"Izu what's wrong?" Kacchan asked, holding my hand.

"Mummy said I need to go to the doctors today to find out why I don't have a quirk yet. What if he says I'll never have one? I say looking at him.

"I bet you do, you just don't know it yet. I bet it's something cool like breathing in water. And if you don't have a quirk, I will still love you. I'll protect you Izu, ok." he said hugging me. I smile back at him.

"Kacchan, Mummy days Daddy is coming over after the doctors. What if he shouts at me again?" I feel tears slide down my face, my Daddy is scary when he shouts and I don't like it.

"I tell you what. Tomorrow as soon as I get up I will make my Mummy bring me over to your house, ok." I smile knowing that I'll see him tomorrow and he can cheer me up if Daddy scares me again. I hug him again as my Mummy calls us over.

I give out more hugs and kisses and put my backpack back on taking mummy's hand as we walk to the bus stop. On the way, we stop in at a small shop and mummy puts her camera in and says we will pick up the photos on the way home. Smiling down at me we make our way to the hospital. It's big and kind of scary and it smells weird. Mummy pickles me up and takes me inside, I sit on the seat next to her until a nice lady shouts my name and I put up my hand.

The doctor makes me lie on a big bed and turns of the lights as the big machine next to me makes loud noises and I don't like it. I scrunch my eyes shut and stay still thinking of my party at the park. Before I know it the machine stops and mummy is back next to me, we go back out to the chairs and sit for a while before the nice lady shouts my name again, I yawn as we go into another room and I sit on the seat beside my mummy. The doctor talked to mummy and she began to cry. She said that I don't have a quirk and I won't get one.

"It's ok Mummy. Kacchan told me he would still love me even if I don't have one." I smile at her and she hugs me tightly.

On the way home, we stop in at the small shop and mummy gets her camera back. She hands me a photo of Kacchan and me hugging next to my birthday cake. I smile up at her and carefully put it in my new rucksack. We stop at the ice cream shop. I pick a big chocolate cone and mummy gets a strawberry cone.

"Mummy this has been the bestest, bestest birthday ever." I smile up at her. She smiles back but I see a tear roll down her cheek.

When we get home Mummy tells me to go straight up to my room and change into my jammies. As I climb the stairs I hear mummy talking to someone in the kitchen. I can hear Daddy's angry voice and hurry into my room. I quickly put on my new onesie mummy got me and put my new bag back on my back. I pick up my All Might figure and hold it to my chest as I come back downstairs and sit on the couch watching some cartoons. Daddy starts shouting louder and I put my hands over my ears looking at the t.v. I don't like it when Daddy shouts. Mummy runs up to me and I stand up behind her with my hands over my ears. Daddy grabs mummy and throws her into the wall and she falls to the floor. I begin to cry as I run over to mummy shaking her, but she doesn't get up. I cry harder and then Daddy hits me and I fall asleep.