Thirteen

My mom make me breakfast in bed. She said she was bored and had been up since six o'clock so she made me pancakes.

They were amazing and she covered them in Nutella and sprinkle all over them.

She's the best. 

I finish off my breakfast and place it at the bottom of my bed and turn on my TV and start to watch some TV shows which just play in the background as I scroll through my social media. 

I like a few pictures and then post up a little snapshot of the new book I'm writing just to tease my readers on what is coming up.

My phone then starts to ring, giving me a fright. I look at the caller and then answer,

"Hi Cathy." I say and lean back on my bed against the headboard.

"Hello Magdalena, I was wondering if you wanted to come out for lunch with me." She tells me.

"Sure, I'd love to." I reply and smile.

"Okay do you want to meet in Dortmund and we can go for some Italian food and then go shopping?" she suggests and I nod even though she can't see me.

"Sure I'd love that. I just need to get ready." I say.

"Okay. See you soon." I hang up the phone and go in for a shower and wash my hair. 

I blow dry my hair and put it up into a messy bun at the back of my head because I can't be bothered styling my hair.

I pull a flowery dress over my head and put on a pair of tights and my knee high brown boots.

I do my makeup and then go downstairs where my bag is. 

"Where are you going?" My mom asks and I walk in on my phone.

"Cathy and I are going out for lunch." I inform her.

"Is Cathy coming to pick you up?" She asks and I smile at her.

"No I'm driving in."

"Okay, where are you going?"

"I don't know, I think we're going for Italian."

"Not his Italian?" She doesn't say his name but I know who she's talking about.

"No. I'm not stepping a foot in that restaurant ever again. Even if his parents were really nice." I cross my arms over my chest.

"What he did wasn't okay."

"I know it wasn't and I'm over it now." I confirm and she gives me a small smile.

"Do you want some more pancakes?" She asks and points to the pile of pancakes on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Yes please." I smile wide eyes.

------------------------------

I arrive in Dortmund and park my car in one of the storey car parks and the phone Cathy.

"Hi Magdalena, I'm..." She names the street and then starts to ramble on about one of the many bad drivers she encountered as she was driving here.

I laugh at her story and go the street where she said she is waiting. 

"Hi." I hang up the phone in the middle of her conversation as I round the corner and meet her.

"Hi!" She says enthusiastically and puts her phone into her pocket and then we walk along the streets just walking aimlessly.