Twenty Four

Today is the day.

I feel my palms grow extremely sweaty while my hair is being done and my makeup being done at the same time.

Cathy and my mom's is being done as well.

I glance my eyes over to Cathy's bridesmaid dress which is just a simple gold colour to compliment my yellow daffodils. Erik chose the daffodils because he wanted at least one piece of yellow in the wedding to represent Borussia Dortmund. I didn't complain as he could have wanted to go over the top and get it on the cake or something.

I then look over at my dress and smile.

It's everything I ever imagined.

The thought of wearing it makes me feel like a princess and a better version of myself.

"Are you okay Magdie?" My mom asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answer as I tap my fingers on my legs to distract me from my nerves.

"Stop worrying." Cathy shouts making me laugh. "You're getting married. This is the best day of your life."

I smile and then think about Erik.

I think about his smile and the way his eyes crinkle.

I think about his laugh.

I think about her personality.

I'm so in love with him and I don't want anything else.

My makeup and hair are then done so I help Cathy and my mom into their dresses first before they help me into mine.

"Okay so the zip is up. The dress is on. Everything is good." Cathy narrates with a sigh of relief making me laugh.

It's just a few more touches before I'm fully ready.

I look in the mirror at myself one last time before we have to leave.

I run my hands down the side of my dress before looking down at my ring.

"Now remember honey, you don't have to go through with this if you don't want to." My mother whispers in my ear but I shake my head.

"No way mom. I love Erik and that's not going to change."

She smiles at me before helping me go down the stairs and get into the car to take us to the Church.

As I sit in the car I remember Erik and I's first kiss.

I think about all the memories we have together.

How my mom and Cathy basically wanted us together for years.

I love my dad and Erik's friendship. They get on so well and I wouldn't want anything else.

"Please tell me you don't have cold feet because I'll literally cry." Cathy whispers in my ear.

"No my feet are fine. I'm so excited." I say making Cathy smile wide.

"Good or I'd have dragged you down that aisle."

The driver then plays some more music making me nerves subside a little more.

"So is tonight the night then?" Cathy asks making me look at her confused.

I really don't know what she's talking about.

"What do you mean?" I ask making Cathy wiggle her eyebrows.

"You know!" She exclaims in a whisper. He nods her head down to my private parts making me let out a gasp.

"Cathy!"