-four-

" Hello?" Sal's tired voice mumbles into the walkie talkie.

" Sal! I.. I saw something."

" Something?" Panic rises in his voice from the sound of me being shaken up by my sighting.

" Yes! A ghost.. or demon.. or something! I don't know but it was coming for me and.. and.."

" Calm down y/n. Do you want to come to my apartment to talk about it?"

" Yes.. please.." I whisper.

" Okay.. I'll be waiting." He says. We disconnect from each other. I walk out of my apartment and quietly head towards Sal's place. I shakily knock on his door. He opens it up and I immediately pull him into a hug to comfort myself. He closes the door then slowly hugs me back.

" You- You okay?" He asks, stammering a bit. I don't respond, my head buried in his chest.

" Come on, let's go to my room." He says. He leads me to his room and lets me look around. I sit on his bed and try to calm down. Once I regain my normal mindset, I look at him, just to be struck with shock again. Just not in a bad way this time. I was so upset at first when I pulled him into a hug, I didnt even notice that his mask is off. Scars cover about half to the majority his face, one of his eyes is missing.

" Ah, I'm sorry I forgot to cover myself up.. Sorry you had to see that." He says, reaching for his mask. I reach out as well, gently grabbing the mask to prevent him from putting it on.

" Don't sweat it.. I think you look nice" I say. On the parts of his cheeks that aren't scratched up, I can see a tint of pink shading them.

" Thanks.. But.. I want to make sure you're okay still.. you were really freaked out" He says.

" Right. I woke up and I went to the kitchen and saw this thing.. this shadow creature with red eyes.. i was cornered when it started coming towards me.. then it just disappeared. That's when I called you." I say.

" I saw the same thing."

"What??"

" Yeah, a red-eyed demon. I saw it in Larry's apartment."

" Well it's nice to know I'm not insane." I say.

" Yeah.." He says before laughing a little.

" It's kinda funny that you were so skeptical of spirits and stuff before but now, you have a reason to
believe them." He says.

" Yeah, it is." I say, laughing as well before letting out a yawn.

" Well you're tired. You should get back to sleep."

" Yeah." I say, standing up.

" Where are you going?" He asks.

" I was going to sleep on the floor. I don't want to bother you too much." I say.

" It's fine if we both stay in my bed.. unless your uncomfortable with it of course. Just think of it like a normal friendly sleepover.. not that I've had much of those." He says awkwardly.

" Oh, no.. that's fine.. I'm comfortable with it." I say. I turn off his lights then lay down beside him, still giving him some space on the bed. I slowly fall asleep, this time in the comfort of my new friends apartment.