-six-

" You slept over at Sal's apartment?" Larry immediately asks me as I walk into his place.

" Yeah, he invited me over."

" Wow, you're already falling in love with my new friend." He says, obviously joking by his tone but I feel like face heating up. I'm just blaming it on the temperature in his room.

" Wait.. are you seriously falling for Sal?"

" No." I say quickly.

" So.. what did you want me to come over for?"  I ask

" I just wanted to get high" He says.

" Sounds good to me. Can we go to the treehouse though? It feels hot in here." I say

" Yeah, because you started getting flustered when I mentioned your feelings about Sal." He mumbles as he collects two joints, a tray, and a lighter. I roll my eyes and ignore what he said, knowing that I don't like Sal. I head outside and climb up the ladder into the treehouse. He follows after, we light the joints and begin puffing in and out, watch the smoke fume out of our mouths. Soon, we were laughing at anything we could think of.

" Okay, Okay, Okay.. what are some embarrassing things we've done?"

" Remember when we-"

" Guys! Are you up there?" I can hear Sal yell out.

" Yeah!" I yell back. He climbs up and sits with me and Larry.

" Hey, want a hit?" I ask Sal, pointing to the joint in my hands. He takes the joint and lifts his mask up just above his mouth to take a hit. He blows the smoke out and then sets the mask back in it's place.

" So what were you going to say Larry?" I ask

" Oh right. Something embarrassing... Remember when we dated for like a solid 2 weeks?" He asks before bursting out into laughter. I join the laughing fit. It was true, we used to like eachother and then I asked him out. We dated until we quickly decided we're better off just as friends.

" You guys dated?" Sal asks. I just nod my head, not being able to stop laughing from the embarrassment of my past relationship. After a couple minutes, we both finally calm down.

" Ah, shit. I was supposed to bring up the device Todd created for me. I'll be back."

" I'll come with you." I say. He nods his head before climbing back down. I climb down and follow Sal inside.