Chapter 2

----| Grian's POV |----

Grian was freezing. He sat on top of his mansion with his wings curled around him for warmth. They didn't help. He was no longer able to suppress the feeling that something was wrong with him. It was a hot summer day, he shouldn't have been cold at all. He should have been sweltering in the heat. Yet he felt like he was in the middle of a blizzard.

Grian didn't want to worry the others. This would pass in a few days, and he would be fine. Then he could go back to normal. So he decided to hide away until he was better, then he could tell them and they'd move on with their lives.

Shakily, he stood up and flew down into his mansion. He rummaged through his chest monster for a few minutes before he found the materials he was looking for. 

Feeling a bit better at the familiar feel of the blocks in his inventory, Grian swooped out of his storage area. Hovering next to a small, triangular section in the lower part of his mansion, he broke a two-block entrance, then flew in and began building.

It didn't take him long to furnish the small room with basic walls, a floor, lights, a bed, and a chest. Placing a few items in the chest such as sea pickles and food, he dropped everything else he didn't need into his chest monster. Once everything was ready, Grian flew back into the room, and sealed up the entrance.

----| Mumbo's POV |----

Mumbo was really concerned. He hadn't seen Grian in two days. This usually wouldn't have bothered him. But no one else had seen Grian either, and with the way he'd been acting lately, Mumbo suspected something else was going on.

He couldn't just sit idle if Grian was in trouble, so he went out to search for Grian. All Mumbo needed was to check on him, and then he'd leave Grian alone.

Mumbo first checked everywhere Grian usually hung out. His barge, his mansion, his private desert. Mumbo even checked places Grian hadn't gone in months. He checked the Upside Down, the old, destroyed Mycelium HQ, the sewers beneath Keralis/Cleo's city. Grian was nowhere to be found. He asked Scar, Bdubs, Iskall, everyone Grian usually hung out with. He asked Cleo, Xisuma, and False, and people Grian hardly ever talked to, just in case he'd decided to go to one of them. No one had seen Grian.

Mumbo kept searching. He grew more and more desperate as the days wore on. Mumbo looked everywhere and never gave up.

Still, he couldn't find Grian, until one day when Grian found him.