Chapter 1

----| Grian's POV |----

It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day on Hermitcraft, yet Grian felt chills. 

He'd felt off for weeks, but he'd ignored the feeling. He was fine, and even if something was wrong, surely it'd pass. It couldn't be that bad.

Grian shivered as he landed in front of his barge. He wrapped his wings around him for warmth, but they didn't help. He tried to focus on something besides the cold. 

He thought about flying, wings spread wide. They were made of brilliant blue, red, and yellow feathers. Grian loved his wings. He loved flying.

Once he'd finished restocking the last of the wood, Grian jumped into the air. He quickly regretted it.

The wind nipped at his already-cold limbs, until Grian began to lose control of them. Before he could crash, he landed on the ground. Looking ahead, he saw he was right in front of the Nether portal.

Sighing, he went through and began walking to his mansion.

----| Mumbo's POV |----

Mumbo was worried about Grian.

The small builder seemed different lately. He was quiet, which was never a good sign, and occasionally Mumbo would catch him shivering. If Mumbo commented on it, Grian would stop and change the subject.

Mumbo worried as he worked, concerned about his best friend.