Chapter 6

----| Mumbo's POV |----

Grian seemed to panic, and he jumped out of the room into the air. Mumbo, irrationally worried about him, followed. 

Grian didn't control his fall, didn't stop, didn't catch himself. Mumbo dived as fast as he could, determined not to fail Grian this time. He sped downwards and just managed to catch Grian before he could hit the ground.

Relieved, Mumbo flew back up to the room where a worried Xisuma was waiting.

Grian seemed more peaceful now. Mumbo wasn't quite sure how he could tell, but he could see that Grian was far more at rest now.

"So, what is this and more importantly, how do we cure it?" Mumbo set Grian on the bed then turned to face Xisuma.

Xisuma didn't answer immediately. He hesitated before saying, "We need four things. Three of them are tricky to get, but shouldn't be too hard with the hermits' skill and experience. We'll need to gather Chorus Root, Far Fruit, and Sea Flower. The fourth..."

"Tell me, X," Mumbo demanded.

"It's called miracle dust. You have to first, defeat an Illusioner. Then take the totem through a portal made of mirrorstone, which can only be found in Woodland Mansions. And there's something in the portal. It didn't say what, but it's the greatest test, apparently," Xisuma said.

"Can you call a server meting?" Mumbo asked.

"Yeah-" Xisuma answered.

"Okay, I'm going to gather the hermits. You watch Grian, and I will be back when I have the cure," Mumbo was strangely taking charge, desperate to help his friend.

"Okay, Mumbo, just- you only have two weeks," Xisuma added sadly.

"Two- okay. I'll be back. I will be back. I'll see you then, X," Mumbo headed out of the building.

"Good luck, Mumbo," was the last thing Xisuma said to him before Mumbo flew off.