Chapter 4

Mumbo tightened his arms around Grian. He knew immediately where to go. If anyone knows what's going on, it will be X, he thought. Xisuma, as the server admin, would have seen many more worlds than Mumbo and might have come across it. Mumbo took off, careful to hold Grian gently as he flew. He looked at his unconscious friend worriedly. What was happening to Grian?

Xisuma saw Mumbo as soon as he landed and ran over to him.

"Mumbo, what's going on? What happened to Grian?" X asked.

"I don't know! I haven't seen him for weeks and then just now he flew in and now he's like this! I don't know why and I'm terrified!" Mumbo started to panic. Maybe Xisuma didn't know what this was, and Grian would be doomed.

"Okay, Mumbo, calm down," Xisuma said. "Come with me." Mumbo followed Xisuma into his house. They arrived at a small bedroom. "Put him on the bed, here." Mumbo reluctantly obliged. Grian looked so small and vulnerable on the bed.

"Stay here," Xisuma told him as he left the room. A few minutes later, Xisuma came back in, carrying three thick tomes.

"What are those?" asked Mumbo.

"Grian is definitely sick," Xisuma said. "These are all about various illnesses."

"Wait, how do you know Grian is sick?" Mumbo was surprised.

Xisuma rolled his eyes. "Chills in June? I thought it was just a common cold, but now I'm sure that had something to do with it."

Mumbo supposed he shouldn't have been surprised that Xisuma had noticed Grian's odd behaviour. Grian hadn't exactly been good at hiding it.

"Mumbo, can you help me look through these?" Xisuma asked him, referring to the books.

"Of course!" Anything for Grian.