Graylex part 24

Hello there, tis I,  bringing a beauty such as thee another chapter. (It's Gray's POV btw)

- - -
Gray was sitting on his bed, reading a book. He had returned from his little date about an hour ago, meaning he already had time to eat with his mom and do some studying.

"For the first time, it's hard to focus on a book. Especially after what happened today."

Sigh.

"It was nice but, I have my doubts... What was he trying to do? Was he... trying to do it with me?"

He blushed. He had experience with this sort of thing. He was pretty and people would naturally try to grasp for his love or attention, but that's exactly why he was uncomfortable.

"What if he doesn't give a shit about me? What if he was just humouring my flirting this whole time, and since there are no girls in our school, he tried getting easy sex with the next best thing?"

He mentally slapped himself for thinking this way.

"No. If he all he wanted was easy sex he wouldn't have beat around the bush for so long. Dates, flirting, small touches or gestures of affection. He didn't skip any of those. I shouldn't worry."

Thinking those nice, reassuring thoughts he drifted to sleep.

- - -

Riiiing...riiiing.

The alarm clock ringed, making Gray wake up. It was still pretty early, his mother had probably left for work already though, which meant he'd have to get ready for school himself.

Alone.

"Damn that's sad, shut up."

Sorry.

Anyway, he got out of his bed, did his school morning routine like any other day and left, leaving the house alone for the next few hours.

He arrived at school, greeted Eugene, Rowan, Ben, Gerard and... Alex.

He tried to pretend like everything was normal and it looked like it worked cuz noone adressed it or gave weird looks, but deep down his doubts started chewing him out like gum.

He doesn't love you. He's just trying to get into your pants cuz he's lustful and thinks you're stupid enough to not tell the difference between love and lust,- the doubts whispered.

"Shut up, you don't know what you're saying. He loves me. I won't listen to you until your words are proven true."

Ben: Um, Gray?

G: Yeah?- he snapped out of it.

Ben: Are you okay? You seem to be zoning out a bunch.

G: Yeah, I'm fine. My mind just drifted somewhere else for a bit but, I'm fine.

Ben: Okay, well... if you say so. If you wanna talk about it, I'm here y'know?

G: Yes, thank you,- he gave a small smile.

Just then did he notice that Alex was giving a concerned look. He smiled at him too, just to make him feel more relieved.