Chapter 10 : Crystal

Besides the royalties, only the Duchess of Lian has the luxury of using the transportation portal as she wished. The portal required dozens of mana crystal peruse. Just mana crystal-priced 1000 gold coin in the market.

But who made the Liu Xīng Commerce own a large mana crystal mine? For them, sending all the harvest back to the county is much better than selling them. Who would like to sell them to those who are lunatics such as the Magic Tower!

At the edge of the gate of the Lian County. Su Weizhe, one of the elders in the county; was commanding all his students to prepare for the opening of the portal early in the morning.

Only a high-ranking magician was allowed to join the preparation. After making sure all the preparation was done, he reported, "Master, all the preparation is complete. Please prepare yourself."

Xuě Lian, who is carrying Bai Li in her arm nodded, then facing Head Steward Cheng she told him, " Ah Cheng, check again all the essential things in the carriage and call those escorting Lier."

Knowing what she wants to do, he acknowledged them, " Yes, Your Grace." and turned to call the three escorts. He was not included as he is busying himself to clean all the mischievous mess done by the little Bai Li. My backbone already hurt just from thinking it! (╥﹏╥)

After facing Xuě Lian, the three escorts bowed respectfully to her. " Greetings to My Master" and raised after saw she nodded.

Three of them is a young charismatic man, wearing the same design purple and black uniform hanfu. The one who is with a big sheath at back is Su Jie. Due to harsh training as a guard, he is darker than the two.

While with the smiling eyes is Su Ning. He is one of the young prodigy magicians in the county but most known for his sharp tongue. Lastly, the one with scholar vibes is Su Qiu. The young physician under the tutelage of physician Liu.

" Lier, they are the brothers that escort you later. From the left is Jie Ge*, Ning Ge and also Qiu Ge, you must remember them. If I'm not beside you, just ask anything from them. Also, before going anywhere; make sure you go with one of them ", Xue Lián introduces them and reminds their job.

*Ge means brother in Chinese

Exited. Bai Li nodded repeatedly. Then, they climbed into the carriage and start their journey.

At the end of the portal, they arrived safely at the forbidden palace. Xuě Lian reminds me again of the promise with Bai Li. Then, told Su Qiu them to put all the things in their guest courtyard. While the other two take Bai Li to walk around.

Seemingly Su Qiu's job is simple. But the actual command is to check all the furniture in the room from those dreadful things like poison. Usually, she wouldn't even care. But with Bai Li, better care than sorry.

𖥸

In the Emperor's bedroom. Xuě Lian bowed in respect to the His Highness. " This official greets His Highness the Emperor. May the Emperor be blessed with a long life. "

On the golden bed, the Emperor just wearing the casual robe with long untied gold platinum hair; looked so wan and tired. " Rise. It's already been such a long time since We see you".

After signalled to all the servants out, he sighed and said, " Are you laughing at Us now? ".

" This official won't dare. " Xuě Lian replied calmly unfazed with the blame.

" Ha ha ha! You ARE laughing at Us! Everything that you've said three years ago did happen! Gone! Gone! Our beloved consort went! Our imperial mother has forsaken Us for power! Our people only saw Us as fatuous emperors! ". Saw the calm face of the Lian Duchess make His Majestic felt more infuriated.

" ..... ". The Duchess of Lian was still unfazed. Standing with a straight back, only showed a cold face yet respectful demeanour.

Remembering the reason, he called her greets him. " Forget it! We called you because We want to use the Three Crystal. "

The throne holders got only three chances to issue an irrevocable and absolute order to the Duchess of Lian. The Duchess would never involve herself in court or fight between for the enthronement. Her only job is to ensure the safety of the His Majesty and lead the coronation of the new enthroned.

The Three Crystal is a flower-shaped crystal engraved with magic runes. After the crystal cracked, the spell activated automatically. Unless it was very urgent, the Emperor would never use it.

" Please give me your order, Your Majesty". Xuě Lian half kneeling and acknowledged His Majesty's wish.

Crack!!

Cracking the crystal with gusto, His Majesty ordered, " Give me all the power in court and military under the Zhou! "

The Zhou's is the paternal family of Empress Dowager. Starting three years ago, she put the Zhou's in many high-ranking positions in court and a few in military camps. Using parental affection from the Emperor and the Emperor's health, she managed to do so. As a result, bribery and corruption spread.

" Your wish is my command. "