Chapter 31 : Demon

"Ah Cheng, how long since Dongfang Jun's last letter?", Xue Lian asked the head steward that standing at the side. She was occupied with the paperwork and reports that she didn't even raise her head when speaking.

"The last letter we received was half a year ago.". Su Cheng replied. The study room was very silent, only the sound of scribbling and pages flapping can be heard.

Even it was already late at night, they still didn't stop working. Especially, since Xue Lian will be out of the county for the next few days for the princess's celebration.

".... Is that so? I wonder if he is fine."

"He always disappeared from time to time. Such concern for him is not necessary, Your Grace. Besides, you said he is a powerful devil that you can evenly match when fighting in full power."

"Not entirely. We never fight one on one before but, I still have some tricks under my sleeve to undertake him."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Master, it's Su Zhen." The voice reporting himself respectfully. Never did the guards dare to disturb their master, especially in the late night. To even make the head of guards reporting by himself, already shown how urgent the case is.

Only after saw his master nodded did Su Cheng opened the door. However, not only Su Cheng came in. There was also a man right behind Su Zhen. His entire body is full of dust and dirt, his face shows that he was very fatigued. But, his eyes shine brightly with a tinge of cunning.

"Master, we have a news report from the Eternal Void!" Su Zhen reports after gave bis greeting in front of the table.

"En, fine." Xue Lian raised her hand as an indication to make Su Zhen stop talking. Then, she pointed to the unknown man, "You, start talking."

"...Yes. A few months ago, there were few cases of people missing reported to the authorities of Beiming. After a deep investigation, we found that all of them were found in an abandoned house that was nearest to the Eternal Void. None of the survivors can be found and some of their part of bodies still missing. From the traces left behind, we conclude that the demonic cultivator was trying to unseal their patriarch"

"!?" None of them knows what to say.

"What else did you found?" Xue Lian asked.

Calmly, the man replied, "Things went wrong in the end, they have an internal power struggle. They didn't manage to unseal the patriarch but summoned a low-grade demon that devours everything in the surrounding area."

"I see. But why they even sent the Crown Prince of Beiming to me; not to the Great Sages."

"Sigh... It seems my cover is already blown up." As his cover is useless, he relaxed and went to sit down at nearby seats. 

"Didn't you are also one of them; the Grand Sorceress?", he replied after drank the cold tea served on the table nearby.

Uncared for his attitude, Xue Lian talked to her loyal subordinates. "Both of you listen, I will take this guy to the Beiming. Tell the elders about this tomorrow morning, as for others; you know what you should say."

The loyal subordinate kneeled on one knee, "This servant will do as your wish!".

Xue Lian stood up and walked nearing the window. After taking in the snowy view under moonlight outside did she started talking."Now, we don't have much time. Kid, let's get going."

In the blink of an eye, she and the Crown Prince already left the room.

"We bid your wins, Master!", even their Master already went; they still bowed and bid farewell.

"Ah Zhen, do you think Her Grace will be fine?"

"I don't know. But, I believe that the demonic cult will regret meeting Her Grace."

"Of course, sigh...."

"Rather than herself, you might be worried about the kids more."

"Ever since Young Miss was a baby, she never separated for more than four hours. Much less the Young Masters, every little thing that happened they will chat about it with Her Grace."

"Hahaha! Now I know why Young Miss and Young Master Ming always bickering. It's to get lovey-dovey with Her Grace!" While laughing Su Zhen smacked Su Cheng's back loudly.

Slapping the hateful hand, Su Cheng replied, "I should get going and see if the children still sleeping." Then, he went out of the study room leaving behind Su Zhen.

"Ahhh, that workaholic" Su Zhen smiled.

𖥸

Meanwhile, the couple already arrived at the edge of the Beiming that neared the Eternal Void. There were none of the living things can be found.

"Prince! You arrived! Where is the great magician that you told us?" A warrior leading his friends to greet the Crown Prince.

Only then did the Crown Prince realized that there was no one behind him. Looking at the distance did he found Xue Lian.

"That's her!" The warrior and the others' eyes followed where he pointed out. They saw a beautiful woman with jet black hair in a black robe standing right in front of the humungous demon.

"Prince! I know that you miss being with girls. But, now is not time for......."

Boooooooooom! Boom! Boom!