Chapter 32 : Ashes

The Eternal Void is a barren place where the demons once come out from. They bring disaster to the surrounding area; the land was dyed with red blood.

It was named Eternal Void because the memories of being plundered by demons were like an eternal abyss. Nothing can be felt; the only agony.

The that calamities happened because of a man's disparity. His lover's death makes him insane. No one knows whether or not it is the truth. But, people know it was the beginning of a demonic cult.

Years later, the kingdom of Beiming was founded nearby brings new hope for those who were left behind by their loved ones. Beiming is just a small kingdom but, it is a home and hope for their people.

Moreover, one didn't need a document to be a citizen of the Beiming. That's why mostly the outcast people or criminals in running will hide in crowds there.

The nearer to the Eternal Void, there will be fewer people. No one would go where the sinister energy stronger other than the demonic cult.

"Kahkahkah! You have come! You come! You come! I know you would come here!", a skinny man that looks like a skeleton climbing down from the slug-like demon. He was wearing a dark red robe with strings of skeletons around his neck.

"So noisy." Xue Lian whose hair already turned into silver and her eyes turned into purple colour said with disdain.

Boooooom! Boom! Boom!

The slug-like demon turned into ice and break down within a second time. That the power of a sorcerer, without the need of any medium like the magic circles, she can cast multiple of magic.

"Arghhhhhhhhh!!! My baby!" The man cried. He tried to grab the demon and bring it back to life by using magic. But it's futile.

'Master, I sense the mana he used came from the underground. He used humans' soul as the fuel for that demon.' Xiao Bai, the white fox appeared from Xue Lian's shadow and tell its master a report.

"That's the lowest! Can you feel that they are still alive?" Xue Lian asked while rubbing the fox's head

"Squeak!"
'Yes, I can still hear their heartbeat. But, it keeps slowing down.'

Xue Lian used her Silent Voice to connect with the Crown Prince. 'Kid, you have to go to the underground. There are more people there.'

"What?!". The Crown Prince's voice startled the warriors that fighting with small demons.

"Are you hurt, prince?!". His right hand asked.

".... nope." He replied in flustered.

'Hey, my name is Ouyang Dou! Not kid!'

'...Dou Dou, my Xiao Bai will lead you there. You must go there faster, their heartbeats are slowing down.'

'You! Only my parents would call me Dou Dou!'

"Squeak! Squeak!"
Ouyang Duo felt something that tugging his lower robe. He saw a cute fox.

"... Xiao Bai?"

"Squeak!", Xiao Bai climbed up until his shoulder and pointed to his left with its nose.

"Divide into two groups!", Ouyang Duo hollered to his warriors.

────── ·𖥸· ──────

"Boohoo, my baby......"

Shewwwww! Shooooooowwwee!

There was a lot more slug-like demon that appeared! Not only one or two but dozens of them! Each of their body was covered with acids that keep eroding the soil under them.

"Kahkahkah! You thought that was just it?! I have moreeee! Kahkahkah!"

"I said you are SO NOISY!", Xue Lian jumped into the sky and slashed the slug-like demon while falling with the Ice Sword.

However, her slashed didn't work on the demon! So, she tried to freeze them into stone. It's also futile!

" Kahkahkah! How is it?! This is are my prizes for you; the Ice user!"

"....." Xue Lian didn't reply as she is busy talking with Xiao Bai.

'Master, we did it. But, we can't move them! As long as we moved them, their soul disconnected from their body'

'Xiao Bai, this guy is soo noisy! I cannot handle him!'

'Master.....'

'I will make him explode with his babies. So, wait for a few minutes.'

'Yes, Master!'

"Kahkahkah! Why not replying?! Are you afraid this great me?!!!! Well, of course, you are. These babies are my experiments......" The man keeps talking and talking about his achievements and how great he is. Too bad, Xue Lian didn't even hear him or his 'babies'.

"Hahaha! Hearing your chatter about the lowest action that you are proud of....." With her eyes covered with her palm, Xue Lian laughed like crazy.

"What is so funny?"

"You are!"

"Your eyes! It turned red!", the demonic cult man was horrified seeing Xue Lian's red eyes. Not because he saw the colour changes, but he saw the madness in her eyes!

'That's?! That eye was just like 'Him'! No way!'

"Crazy!"

"Crazy? Who is the crazy one? I'm not even do anything yet, hahaha!"

".....what, what do you....", he can't finish his word because all of sudden his surroundings turn into the ocean of fires. His demons from the multiple experiments also burned into ashes one by one.

He saw that Xue Lian keeps slashing by using the sword that was covered with blaze here and there. She keeps slashing without any direction but once she swings the sword, the demons shrieks while burned down.

If Li Ming is here, he would be surprised. Because the style of her swinging the sword is the same as the one he knows. The one that the adult Su Jie used in his past life!

"Wha.....monster!" He just blinks less than a second, but his surroundings turn into snow! No, not snow but ash like snow!!!

"Oh~, are you afraid now?", Xue Lian jumped in front of him and pointed her sharp sword onto his neck until bled.

"Ple.....please, let go of me! I'm just following the orders!"

"Hmmm?", Xue Lian tilted her head. "Why should I? Didn't you also did the same to them?"

From the corners of his eyes, he saw the people that kidnapped, including children already freed. The warriors carried them onto the ground. Most of the victims keep thanking them while crying.

He wants to turn his gaze to the person in front of him, but everything suddenly turns black. He was alone in the darkness. Is he already dead? He asked himself.

"Yes, you are dead."

A grimly voice answered him. The voice of the Grimm Reaper.