13 | The Missing Queen

My wolf had been bugging me to go on a run for about an hour or so. His constant interruptions finnally got annoying and I decided to just go for a short run. I hadn't let Aleric out for about a week or so. He had just been to excited about something and I didn't feel like having him go out of control.

I grab some spare clothes and go to the elevator pressing the ground floor. As the elevator moves agonizingly slow in my wolves opinion it stops on the 5th floor. Two under mine, a women dressed in a tight dress and a pair of 6-inch heels. Her hair is all over the place and her cheeks are colored a fire red. Seems like one of the Alphas had his fun.

"What buttercup you want some too?" She says in a seductive voice that makes my ears strain. She trys to touch me but I back away.

"No I do not, keep your distance women." I growl out, she seems to thankfully get the point and backs away into the corner of the elevator.

As the ding of the elevator fills my ears I can feel my wolf get excited as he jumps around in the back of my head. I push open the front door and circle around the building. As I come too the treeline the greatest smell fills my nose. Like sweet honey and warm Vannila. My mate. I quickly shift not even worrying about putting my clothes into a certain spot.

I can feel my wolf fight for control and I give him some knowing that he is beyond excited about seeing his mate. We wizz past trees and they blur at our sides. As my mates overbearing scent gets stronger by the second I also smell another scent that I didn't pick up until now. The dirty scent of rotting skin and dried blood alerts me and my wolf.

Rouges

I pick up my pace and push my legs faster and faster while contacting about ten of my warriors to rush to my location. Not caring that I have just awoken them in the middle of the night. The scent of rouges gets closer and I hear growling and two people speaking. I strain my ears and can hear the conversation.

"Wolfsbane takes out your wolf pretty easily, you can't midlink, shift, or talk to your wolf! Amazing isn't it?" I hear a man speak. It was a rouge. My wolf almost takes over full control but I hold him down, I mean they have just poisend my mate with wolfsbane and I'm beyond angry. But we will still attack at the right moment. They may make me outnumbered if I were to just rush into help my mate by myself and that might put my mate in even more danger.

The sound of loud growling fills my ears and I see my warriors as they come too my side in wolf form.

'My mate is in trouble. Darius you grab her and take her back too the council house while we kill the rouges.' I say through the mindlink. They all give me a small nod while in their wolf form.

"Your going to regret that." I hear the rouge growl out at my mate and I take that as the time too attack.

Me and my warriors jump out from behind dense trees and I go for the man who had the balls to disrespect my mate. I grab his small ankle and pulling it making his face fall into the mud. He growls at me but I ignore his attempts to scare me. I quickly snap his ankle as he yells in pain not stopping there I move towards his neck and put my jaw around it while scratching at his face making deep cuts in his skin. And before he can even protest I close my jaw hard making a satisfying snap come from the rouge.

I look at my warriors as they have just finished off the other rouges. I give them a wolfy smile as none of them have been injured by the rouges and then we all head back too the council house and I was so ecstatic to see my mate. I wasn't even able too see her before Darius had taken her out of danger. I was overly thankful for my loyal pack and warriors. It is what made my pack strong and trustworthy of other packs alliances.

We make it to the Council house and I can't help the smile that stays on my face as I shift back too my human form and throw on the clothes I had brought before. I bid my warriors goodnight as they head back too their rooms.

Heading to my room I smell the scent of my mate, my smile widening more than I ever thought it could. Opening the door slowly I see the pack doctor putting and IV in my mates arm as he checks on her.

I thank the doctor as he finishes the check up and walks out of the room. I turn towards my sleeping mate and admire her face. Her long eyelashes lay softly against her checks, and her plump pink lips tempt me to touch them with my own. Her thick black hair spreads crazily over the pillow as the curls have frizzed out. I go on the side of the bed next too her.

Softly I drag my fingers along her soft cheek and feel an eletric shock shoot through my body that calms my wolf. I can't control the huge smile that shines with the happiness I am feeling. My mate lays in my bed injured or not she is still beautiful and mine. I go to move away from my mate and lay on the couch but she groans loudly as I remove my hand from her skin.

"Stay...please." she says in her tired state. I can't help but go on my side of the bed pulling her onto me and wrap my arms around her. But making sure that I am not hurting her in any way. Once I know I am not hurting her I let my eyes shut while breathing in the sweet scent of my mate.

It is hard too belive that I have found my mate. But as those thoughts pass I let myself fall into the darkness of my dreams.

_________________________________♡

Soooo.. how was it? To boring? I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are excited for another that is soon too come.

XOXO
-K

XOXO-K