Chapter 15: Love Scars

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A few days later*

-Hwiyoung's POV-

The feelings I've experienced while staying in this timeline can't have an accurate explanation. It seems magical how I embraced this version of myself that I didn't acknowledge, and it is scary to realize that I keep forgetting about my previous life with my friends. I can't say that I regret to come either; after all, this life is giving me time to let go of my sorrows and concerns from the other timeline. However, I still have Taeyang's emotions on the back of my head, and the painting that I made on my second day reminds me where I come from and where I should return one day. Yet, my time here isn't over, and I'm not planning to leave anytime soon.

Last night, I talked with my Youngbin-hyung. He is the CEO of the company and the personal manager of some artists, including me. He came to my house to remind me that tomorrow, we'll leave for Daegu's camp, and Taeyang will come along. I also studied my lines and read the entire script. And to have a better understanding of the drama, I played the video games that inspired the novel I'll portrait. Yesterday, Inseong-hyung called me, cheering for the new project I'll make. It was pleasant to hear his voice and to know that we care about each other like in my timeline. After all, I didn't meet with the rest of the members like I wished when I arrived.

Currently, I'm cleaning the apartment since tomorrow morning is the flight to Daegu. I already made the luggage and packed the necessary stuff for the plane; however, I still have many things inside my head, disturbing my focus from my work and the project.

I can't control it. The things I left back home will hunt me until I return, but I don't want to leave so soon. I decided to stay, so I'll endure this feeling as long as possible.

I took a deep breath before placing the dishes inside the cabinets, briefly sitting down on the chair from the table. My eyes wandered around the place, making me realize that this version of myself doesn't match how I used to be back home. Everything is different; my family changed, my friends, the place I work at, and the place I live. Nothing compares to the chaotic life I had before.

Suddenly, I heard knocks on the door, causing me to get out of my thoughts. I stood up, walking towards the entrance as I continued to hear the knocking against the wooden door.

-Going! – I replied before hurrying to open the entrance.

I lifted my head, realizing the person in front of me with tears in his eyes.

-Taeyang? – I looked at him, concerned.

I never saw Taeyang like this before. What happened to him?

Without hesitation, I let Taeyang come inside, then guided him towards the living area. I brought some tissues to clean his tears and sat next to him, trying to deduce what caused Taeyang so much pain.