Chapter 6: Raw & Cruel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Hwiyoung's POV-

I'm standing inside the closet from the studio room. I can hear the entrance door opening as my pulse is going faster than before. I'm trying to focus on the sound from the exterior since I'm worried about Taeyang being out there.

My father made me a weaker person. Ever since he started to abuse me, I became more aware that my dreams were the ones making me suffer. But that didn't stop me from moving forward. After all, my friends count on me to stay and end our journey together.

-Mr. Kim. – I heard Taeyang say.

Are you kidding me now? How does he know that I'm not at the mansion?

-Taeyang, are you here with my son? The bodyguards told me that they had not seen him in a while. So, I came to check his apartment. – My father said firmly.

-Sir, he's not in here. I came because Hwiyoung told me to bring him a notebook he forgot the other day. – Taeyang lied, sounding calm.

-By any chance, do you know where he is? – My father asked Taeyang.

-Hwiyoung. Well, I talked to him a few minutes ago, and he told me he was at the treehouse inside the woods. – Taeyang spoke.

-Thank you. Maybe that's why my guards didn't see him. I'll check it out for myself. Thanks, Taeyang. – My father said.

-No problem, Mr. Kim. – Taeyang said politely, and then he said goodbye to my father.

Immediately, I heard the door closing and Taeyang running towards the studio room. I got out and looked at him worriedly.

-I'm not at the treehouse! What were you thinking? – I asked, concerned.

-We have to go there. Now! – Taeyang said while holding my hand.

I took my bag and placed some things inside of it. I put it on my back before looking at Taeyang opening the window. I turned the computer off as I tried to hurry my pace.

-Come on! – Taeyang said while getting out of the room through the window.

-Alright. – I sighed as the computer turned off, and then I followed Taeyang.

Both of us got down through the emergency stairs, and after that, we hurried to get inside Taeyang's car.

*Moments later*

As soon as Taeyang parked the car, we got inside the space between the fence from the secret escape Taeyang found. After that, we ran towards the treehouse. There's when we saw some guards looking around the place, and my father was there.

-We're late. – Taeyang gasped before my father glanced at me. He immediately walked towards us, and since Taeyang is there, he smiled at us.

-You are here. – My father spoke.

-Oh, yes! Taeyang brought the notebook, and so we decided to take a quick walk through the woods. – I explained while looking at Taeyang back and ford.

-Exactly! I wanted to come soon, so I hurried to get here. – Taeyang said while smiling at my father.

-Thanks for caring about my son, Taeyang. – My father grinned. -Now, if you excuse us, I have to talk with Hwiyoung. – He told Taeyang.

I looked at my hyung worriedly. I noticed how Taeyang held my back while nodding at my father.

-Alright! Well, I'll talk to you later, Hwiyoung. – Taeyang said before hugging me. -I'll be there, don't worry. – He whispered before getting away from me, and then Taeyang said goodbye to my father.

As soon as we were alone, my father held the back of my neck tightly. I flinched as soon as I felt his touch, but he took me towards the mansion along with his guards. And when we started to walk, I noticed that Taeyang hid behind some trees while chasing us carefully. Luckily, nobody saw him, but I was becoming more worried with each second.

Some meters after, we got inside the mansion, and my father grabbed me from my shirt before pulling it roughly.

-You weren't here, Hwiyoung! – My father shouted.

-I was there! I promise, father! – I stared at my father with fear while stuttering between words. -Taeyang came to give me what I asked him to bring because I knew that you wouldn't let me go out. – I stated while looking at the floor.

My father threw me to the floor before kicking my back. I gasped as soon as I felt the impact, but I tried to keep quiet while feeling the pain.

-Are you telling me the truth? Huh? – My father questioned before kicking me again.

-Father, please. I'm not lying to you! – I screamed while letting my tears fall.

My father held me up, he was about to place his hands around my neck, but a cracking sound stopped him. Briefly, a guard came and whispered against his ear.

-Go to your room. And I don't want to see you out of it. Understood? – My father said sternly.

I nodded before running away from there. Instantly, I got inside my room and locked the door. I slid against the door while looking up to the ceiling, but suddenly, the window of my room got opened, and I saw Taeyang coming inside.

-Hwiyoung. – Taeyang stuttered before holding me tightly.

-That was you, right? You made that sound. – I deduced while letting Taeyang embrace me.

He nodded before kissing my head. -I couldn't stand there and look at how your father was treating you. I'm sorry. – Taeyang said while some tears started to run down his cheek.

I got apart from Taeyang before removing his tears with my thumb. I pecked his lips gently before he placed his head on my shoulder.

-Thank you. I'm the one that should be sorry. – I whispered, making Taeyang look at me again.

-No, why? Your father is the one hurting you, so why are you sorry? – Taeyang asked, confused.

-I apologize for being weak and not standing up to him. – I said as some tears slid down my face.

-Hwiyoung, you are not weak. Not at all. Okay? – Taeyang softly spoke before kissing my lips again. -I won't let you fall. I promise you that. – He said, then he kissed again.

I held the back of Taeyang's head while enjoying the sensation of having him close to me. As the intensity began to level up, I pushed Taeyang to the floor before climbing on top of him. I kissed him passionately once again before looking into his eyes, and then I laid beside him.

-Are you okay? – Taeyang asked, concerned.

I nodded. -I only wish I wasn't so afraid of my father. Imagine if he finds out that I love you; he might end up killing me. – I spoke sadly.

-I won't let that happen. Are you kidding me, Hwiyoung? If he tries to touch you again, I'm going to be the one killing him. – Taeyang stated, looking angrier than before.

I kissed his lips gently before caressing his hair. -Taeyang, calm down. I'm still here, so enjoy me. – I smiled slightly.

Taeyang cluttered my hair. -And you are always going to be with me because I'm not going to leave you. – Taeyang assured me before we sat up, and then he embraced me.

-I want to protect you, too. – I murmured while holding onto Taeyang, placing my legs around his body.

-And you can, Hwiyoung. But I hope you don't have to sacrifice more. – Taeyang admitted.

-I don't care if I have to, Tae. I want you to stay safe. – I whispered before hiding my face against his shoulder.