AM HERE

"I have someone"!!! But i had to come into your life, I wanted to make sure you were no longer in a dangerous relationship. Dr. Oladele screamed at her, walking away.

"Am not in a dangerous relationship, actually am not in any relationship, he left me because he discovered I was happy with you, where as there was no you. You used me to break my own relationship" Onome spoke back to him as they both stood on a white cliff.

"That's a good thing Onome, he  realize your value now and if he has any sense of guilt, he will walk away."

"I want him back!!!!!!,I need him back!!!!" Onome yelled at the top of her lungs.

"If he is yours, he will come back for you, if you were fated to be together, you have to trust that life, will bring him back to you, one way or another".

"Oh what a motivational speech, you deceived me. Stop walking away, am talking to you".

Dr. Oladele kept walking away until he disappeared into oblivion and the darkness fell upon her and she was transported back.

She could not open her eyes, no matter how hard she tried. This was the order of the day for her., she knew she was in the hospital she heard voices everyday. The voices of relatives, her mother, different nurses,her father and even her siblings. The doctor moved her from the ICU to a private ward she guessed, the moment he discovered she could breathe on her own. She was no longer hooked to machines or put on a ventilator.

She could not figure out the day or the time. She couldn't tell how long she had been in the hospital. She felt the presence of most people and heard their voice but there was one voice missing today. It was usually the voice she heard in the morning and the last voice every night. She knew
He slept in the hospital for him to be there at night and early morning. His touches reassured her of love, a second chance, of a changed life. Her Tega!!! the man she so wanted back in her life.

He even brought a man to pray with her. She guessed he was a Pastor. What was Tega doing with a Pastor? She had always imagined several scenarios but none involving a minister. That was so hard to imagine. She had heard him console Fejiro her sister, when she cried by her bedside. He spoke the word of God to her reassuring her that she would be fine and it was strange to her.

Right now, she could feel her mother holding and caressing her left hands. She was definitely crying as Onome could hear sobbing noises. She rarely comes to the room but Onome knew whenever she came around and now she was there with her voice hoarse from so much tears.

"Onome you nor wan wake up?
Abeg wake up o... I nor fit live this life knowing say you nor dey alive.. Abeg wake up, make you give me second chance, make I be better mama to you."

She cried a little.
"I know I was greedy, abeg forgive me..I dey fear make the man nor stop to dey take care of us. I supposed to talk to am, when he dey beat you but instead I con face u. My pickin forgive me. If you even see am, he done change well well. He na born again and i know say na because of you. You handle the matter well but We done wrong you, abeg Onome give me your mama second chance and I go surprise you".

The smile crept to her face. These words were her daily mantra to Onome and it brought Joy to her heart to hear her mother say those kind words to her.

"Na poverty na cause my own. I suppose be good mama to you. I just ignore you, dey born children up and down. Yet, I carry you go do family planning but the nurse say you done remove am. I proud of you. You be pickin when help us, when we your parents suppose help you. I fail o. I fail as mama, but abeg, just give me a second chance and I go show you say, I value you more than anything anyone can give Me in the life."