He Hates Skiing (Part Four)

RECAP:

"Kadence" Ashton says, his voice just barely over a whisper. I don't move and I instead suck in a breath.

"Ashton" I start

"You drive me up the walls Kady"

I quickly shoot up straight and look straight into his green eyes. Where was this coming from? Why now? Why more drama? Why is he so adorable? Godammit.

-

-

[Kady POV]

"What?" I manage to croak out, He sighs and scoots away from me, running his fingers through his long and damp curls.

"dammit" He mutters, chewing on his bottom lip. I lie my palm on his knee and he jumps slightly from my small gesture.

"I'm sorry" I whisper, but he stops me before I can continue.

"No, don't be sorry. It's my fault for getting attached when I know I could never have you" I grimace. I hated hurting him. Even if I didn't mean to.

"And, it's just...you give me those smiles and you actually care what I have to say.... God, I'm such a fucking sap" He continues, not looking at me but in front of us instead.

"Ashton, I love you okay?" He looks at me hopeful but shakes his head and looks away moments later.

"But, not like that"

"Not like that" I confirm. He nods and sniffs. He wasn't crying but man was it cold up here. We sit in silence and I don't know what to do. So i just keep my hand on his knee and bite my thumb instead.

"Are you happy?" I really sit and think about this before answering with a simple yes. At that, he nods and turns towards me, grabbing both of my hands.

"Then I don't care , as long as you're content" I nod and interlace our fingers. He flashes me a goofy smile.

"Promise we can still be friends?"

"Of course Asthon" I lean forward and peck his cheek softly, he touches where I kissed him, his smile getting wider.

"Good because I couldn't imagine my life without you in it and whoever you end up with is going to be super lucky" He says, regaining his composure.

"Mason?" I ask tentatively and with a chuckle. He looks at me dead in the eye

"Sure" I was so confused and it showed clearly on my face.

"Wow you really are a blonde" Ashton laughs, raking his thumb over his bottom lip.

"You really believe you'll end up with...with Mason?" He asks unbelieving

"Well, I don't know what the future holds but yes" I reply, my words coming out more defensive then I wanted them too. He scoffs and looks off into the snow capped mountain horizon.

"Well neither do I but the future has nothing to do with how this soap opera is gonna play out babe" He drawls, I just give him a look and within 20 minutes, the ski lifts begin to move once again.

You could hear the shouts and hollars of the entire lift, happy that we were moving. Together Ashton and I go down the slope and of course he skis right past me, being annoying yet adorable the entire time.

-

-

After a long day of skiing and playing in the snow, the seniors trudge back up to our cabin and pretty much collapse onto any comfortable surface we could find. I found myself out on the patio, and no I wasn't cold.