Chapter Fifteen: Festival

Your pov
     I was given a bright colored Yukata, a summer kimono, before going into an empty room to change. I put my blade holster on my back along with my swords in case I needed them. Once I finished changing, I left the room. A few ways away, Kyoutani also exited a room wearing a Yukata as well. "Don't forget your mask." I told him, putting mine back on, covering the growing blush on my cheeks.

     'He looks good in that.' I thought before quickly shaking my head to dismiss the thought. He retrieved his mask and put it back on, both of us meeting up with my grandpa. "You look so cute in your Yukata!" Grandpa exclaimed behind his pink panther mask as we met up with him. "Do you like it? I picked it out just for the festival."

"I do. Thank you, grandpa." I nodded, receiving a hug once again.

"And I'm sure the old one fits you fine." His voice changed from sweet to uninterested as he turned to Kyoutani.

"It does. Thank you." He quickly bowed before standing back up.

"C'mon! The festival will start soon!" He was giddy as he pulled me along.

       I let him drag me along as Kyoutani followed behind us. We left the large estate and went towards the loud, large festival that was going on. I was brought to a duck shooting game stall. Grandpa happily offered to win me a stuffed animal, though I would have declined if it didn't bring him such joy. He knocked all of the targets down, meaning he won. "Isn't it cute?" He hummed, bouncing a stuffed bunny in his hands.

"Thank you, grandpa." I nodded, taking the stuffed animal from him.

     We walked around more as grandpa eagerly talked about what was happening around the festival. We stopped by a small stall that sold hairpins, grandpa asking me which one he should get my mother. "Well, hello~." A woman suddenly appeared, putting her hands on Kyoutani's chest. "I bet you're real cute under that mask, huh~?" She flirtatiously smirked at him.

     My chest tightened up in anger as I twisted her arm and pushed her away. "He's not available." I growled, stepping in front of him.

"Ow! What the hell?!" She shouted, rubbing her arm. "No one likes a crazy girlfriend!!"

"I said," I grabbed the hilt of my sword, pulling it out of its sheath to show it was real, "not. Available."

"Psycho bitch!" She cried out as she ran away.

      I put my sword back, returning to my grandpa's side. "You jealous of that girl?" Grandpa turned to me. "Are you actually with this little punk?" He now began to belittle Kyoutani, continuing to press us about our relationship.

"I'm actually getting hungry." I said, making him turn away from Kyoutani.

"What do you want, hm? There's a nice stall over there. I'll buy you all of it. Matter of fact," he now turned to the worker, "I'll buy you. And you'll make her all the food she wants."

"Three orders will be fine." I told the scared worker, pulling my threatening grandpa back.

     They nodded, preparing the food for us.

Kyoutani's pov

"I said," (L/n) slightly pulled her sword from her sheath, making the other woman shriek, "not. Available." She growled out.

"Psycho bitch!" She shrieked, running away.

     'Was she... jealous?' I thought, glad I was wearing a mask to hide my now burning face. 'Why? And why do I like it?' I was broken out of my thought as she handed me food from a vendor.
     I took it, nodding a thank you to her. As we were eating, they had a conversation with each other about what previously happened before we finished our food.