-6-

You walked into the cafeteria to see your friends at their regular table. They weren't the type of friends you'd tell every detail of your life to. You guys didn't talk much out of school unlike with Suzumeda and Bokuto. They were more Suzumeda's friends than yours. You were still cool with them, except for one, Yukie Shirofuku. She made it pretty obvious she didn't take a liking to you. You guys were cool with each other for the first few months of your first year. After that, you don't know what went wrong. She was also the second manager of the school's volleyball team.

Suzumeda saw you and called you over.

She knows Shirofuku doesn't like me. Maybe I should eat by myself today.

"Y/n!"

I guess not.

You walk over to the table where the girls sat. You guys greeted each other. Shirofuku stayed silent. The only empty spot was next to her. Wanting to be polite you ask:

"You mind if I sit here?"

"Go ahead", she mumbled.

You took your seat.

"Y/n, why are you walking like that? You hurt yourself?", Suzumeda asked you.

"Something like that. I pulled my hamstring earlier so it's kind of sore."

She looked at you squinting her eyes as if she was thinking.

"Okay."

That was close. I couldn't tell a lie to save my life.

While conversing with the girls, your mind wandered back to Akaashi. You guys had sex, again. He told you not to tell anyone which left you feeling kind of ashamed. You understood that it wasn't anyone's business, but would it really be that bad if people found out he was with someone like you?

A few minutes later, Akaashi walks in with Bokuto and Konoha. Your eyes meet for a slight second. Bokuto waves over at you and your friends smiling. You smile and wave back at him. They walk over to a table where their other friends sat. You steadied your focus back on the girls.

"Y/n, lunch is almost half-over. Where were you?", one of the girls asked.

Damnit. Again?

"I had some work to finish after class. You know these teachers."

"Tell me about it. They're so stressful. I'm just happy we go on our break soon."

-

As you were getting ready to head home, Bokuto stopped you.

"Come watch me practice today."

"Rain check?"

"Come on Y/n. You literally say this every time."

"Bo, I come to all of your games."

"Just watch me practice this once."

"Fine, whatever. Not like I have anything better to do."

-

About twenty minutes went by and the volleyball team was getting ready to start practice. A group of girls also gathered around to watch. Apparently, they were here almost all the time trying to catch the attention of the volleyball players