-22-

THE NEXT DAY: THURSDAY

"I didn't know you were having problems with your mom. She seemed so nice."

"Yeah, we have for a while now. But I agreed to try to regain some normalcy. Hopefully, it gets better... You know you didn't have to come over when I called. If you had plans I'd understand."

"Are you saying you want me to leave?"

"No, not at all. I just don't wanna be too clingy."

"I like clingy. It shows you care."

"You won't be saying that after a while... I've been thinking. Kaori already knows about us, so why not tell Bokuto? I think he deserves to know."

"I don't mind. I just know he won't be able to keep his mouth shut."

-

"You didn't tell him, did you?"

"I couldn't. He wouldn't let me speak. He kept going on and on about Shirofuku annoying him and whatnot. Then when I tried again, he hung up."

"At least you tried."

He crawled back in bed with you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"It's summer you know. Not that I mind but we can't spend every day cooped up inside."

"I know, but I hate summer. The heat is unbearable. I miss when it was still winter."

"Over summer? You're weird."

-

For then next week, Akaashi dragged you out places with him every single day. It was tiring, but you needed to get out more. He took you bowling, to the movies, on a picnic, etc. You had fun so you couldn't complain.

"Suzumeda's coming back today. I was thinking we could all go to the beach or something this week."

"That's a good idea. You can break the news to Bokuto then."

-

"Okay, which one did you like better?"

"Neither."

"Come on Keiji. You're not helping."

"You'd look better with them off."

"Stop flirting with me. Bo and Su gonna be here soon. Just choose one."

"The red one."

"Yeah, I thought so too. But then I realized it draws too much attention. What about the blue? You like the blue one?"

"Yeah, whatever."

"Are you sure everything's packed?"

"Yeah", he says setting his phone down.

You were bent over putting things in a bag when you felt a pair of hands on your hips.

"What now?", you ask standing up and turning towards him.

"I'm horny."

"No."

"No? Why not?"

"I already told you. Our friends are gonna be here in a few minutes to pick us up."

"So?"

"So... That means you'll have to wait until we get back."

He whispered in your ear, "I promise I'll be quick."

-

"You're a fucking liar, I hate you."

"No, you don't."