chapter 13 | job

•••

•••

The following day, I just put all my clothes back into the closet and decided to catch up on school. I already did my homework that was due for the week. I wanted to get ahead of the class as I could never learn anything the teachers would teach.

It makes no sense. In any shape, way, or form.

I did some research on the basketball essay we had to do since the due date was approaching. But we still had a month.

Connor left early in the morning for work-related stuff so I was pretty much at home by myself all day.

The next morning I got up early. I take a shower, brush my teeth, and moisturize. I put on a cropped white sweatshirt with blue jeans. I put my hair into a neat low bun.

I go downstairs and Connor's parents have gone on a business trip for a couple of weeks

I go downstairs and Connor's parents have gone on a business trip for a couple of weeks. I make breakfast for Connor and I.

The fridge was fully stocked so I made some pancakes and cut up some fruit. I also poured some orange juice into two glasses.

Connor came downstairs.

"Thank you," he said sitting down on the dining table. I sit down as well.

"No problem,"

He was wearing a dark blue sweatshirt with darker jeans and his hair was nicely slicked back.

We ate our food and made our way out of the house to school. I remembered to bring the money for my mom's medical bill.

In the car, we just chatted for a bit which just consisted of him annoying me.

At school, I met up with Karla and we made our way towards chemistry.

"I heard that the best party of this year is coming up," Karla said overly excited. It was Chase's birthday that everyone raved about.

"Yeah, it is," I say opening the door for chemistry class.

"Are you going? Only some people get invited, I heard," It was mostly for close friends but basically consisted of half of the school.

I sat down in the middle seat of the row and Karla sat on my right.