chapter 33 | flowers

•••

•••

I lived to see another day yet again.

Something was pulling me back. Something was stopping me. Something was not letting me go away. No matter how much I wanted to leave this cruel world, I couldn't. For that something, for that somebody.

My ears on his chest as I hear his steady, slow heartbeat luring me into sleep. His protective arm around my body allowing me to feel his warmth. His legs tangled with mine in security. His hands rubbing my back, softly. Him placing small kisses on top of my head in promise. His fresh minty smell invading my smell.

The sole reason I was breathing today. He saved me.

My knight in shining armor.

After, what happened yesterday in the bathroom, he helped me. He called the doctor to come in. The doctor diagnosed me with depression and PTSD. I have anxiety panic attacks from time to time. Additionally, I have separation anxiety. I have complex trauma. Due to the result of my exposure to a myriad amount of traumatic events and experiences that I have dealt with childhood abuse, neglect, stress, bullying, sexual assault, and attempted rape. This proves why I have emotional outbursts, anxiety, flashbacks, body ache, headache, and fatigue. All this leading up to trust issues. She recommended going to a qualified psychologist.

I thought I had moved on from what happened in the past but I haven't. I was still stuck in the past. I couldn't move on. All those traumatic events defined me.

No wonder I'm so weak.

I heard the intercom of the penthouse go off and I lifted my head to look at Chase. He was already looking at me. "T-the intercom," I said softly.

He blinked "Yeah,"

He got up from the bed after detangling himself from me. He looked back before rushing out the door. I got up, my legs hanging off the bed while I decided if I really need to use the bathroom or not. I look down at the large white shirt I had on, already embarrassed at the state Chase found me.

I hate crying in front of others but after the doctor left he stayed by my side. Talking to me, giving me strength, confidence, and determination. He let me cry on his shoulder although he probably had better things to do than have a broken girl on his shoulder.

I finally got up from the bed and go to the bathroom. I try not to think about what happened earlier and quickly did my business. I left the bathroom and went to the door. I left the room while trying to put my hair into a bun as it was frizzy and puffy from me laying around. I walked down the stairs as I heard voices come from the kitchen.

Just as I was about to put my hair in a bun, I remembered I don't have a hair tie. I sighed and let my hair fall on my shoulders again. I look at my clothing again, obviously looking very underdressed.