t w o

sophies pov

i've been thinking about moving out to Santa Clarita.
it's not that far from LA, i wanna move there to continue my dreams in becoming a singer.

it's closer to LA, i've never wanted to live there. it's too busy and a lot of celebrities live in LA. i wanna be different.

my mom pays my car bills right now since the car is under her name. i have enough money to afford an apartment in Santa Clarita, all i gotta do is persuade my mom into letting me move out.

"mom!!" i yell from my bedroom, i hear shuffling coming from the hallway. my door opens and reveals my mom. "what's up soph?" she asks as she sits down on my bed crossing her legs, "welll, i wanna ask you something" i reply, she nods signaling to continue. "so ... since i've been getting some more views and streams with my singing, i was thinking about moving so i can have my own place, have room to record songs and play instruments without annoying you" i start, frequently taking hits of my juul. "okay, where would you want to move to?" my mom asks. she seems very interested. "all of the stars live in LA, but i wanna be different, i've been looking at apartments in this place called Santa Clarita, it's just outside of LA. i think it would be a great way to start adult life. watchu think?" i ramble taking more hits from my juul, my mom nods "what apartment where you thinking of buying? is the area nice?" she questions.

i pull out my laptop and show her.

my mom has a great job. all i can say is.. she's a millionaire. not a famous one though.
i showed her the apartment, she didn't like it.
we picked out a bigger one and she decided to help pay for it since it "wouldnt hurt her bank account".

"okay hunny, i'll call the seller or whatever it is and we can see what happens from there." my mom smiled as she walked out of my room.
i shouted a thank you in response.

time skip a week lol

"SOPHIE! SOPHIE ESSENCE GET DOWN HERE" my mom yells from downstairs.
i run downstairs and into the kitchen.
"what's wrong mom?" i frantically ask.
"YOU GOT THE APARTMENT!!" she screams. i think she's more excited than me, "oh my god that's amazing! when am i moving?"
"next month, so you have plently of time to pack!" she replies. we stay downstairs and talk for a while

a/n
hi short chapter i know
but i literally cannot wait to get to the part where billie and sophie meet so ya know🧍🏻‍♀️